Chapter 17

After the Engagement, the youngsters stayed behind to enjoy some more while the older Oberoi's went back home.

The next morning, the elders walked down to see their kids all sprawled accross the floor.

"Oh god...look at them. Looks like they enjoyed a lot last night." Jhanvi laughed, "They are just like their parents, na Pinky?"

"Mom, what did we do?" Rudra exclaimed.

"Why? Did you forget? How many times we caught you and your brothers like this.... Jethaniji do you remember, when Mallika came Shivaay and Anni-" Pinky became silent as she remembered moments with Annika.

"Chotima, you are remembering Annika Bhabhi right?" Rudra asked.

"Remember? You can only remember those who we forget....Who can froget Annika? She wasnt just our daughter-in-law, she became our daughter." Pinky replied and wiped her tears, "I dont know what happened to me, I have been thinking about Annika nonstop since yesterday."

"Haan chotimaji, that is happening to me too, I mean, I think about jiji everyday but since yesterday I have this feeling that....that Jiji is very close to us. I know thats not possible but still..." Gauri added.

***************************

"Bade Papa!" Pihu called out to Shivaay.

"Haan Pihu. I am here."

"Bade Papa, Can you please drop me and Ishaan to the cafe while going to work today?" Pihu asked, "That one thats near the elementary school. Please?" (I really dont know if elementary schools are called elementary schools in india or not but yeah...)

"Don't you have college?"

"Today class starts later so we will go straight from the cafe."

"Okay. Where is Ishaan?"

"He is getting ready, Ill go get him." Pihu replied with a smile then went upstairs to call her brother.

Location: Annika's Apartment

"What happened Neha?" Annika asked Neha who was looking worried.

"Di, today is Mishti's first day at school..but I have soo much work to do and this Saahil also left early in the morning. I dont know what to do..."

"Arre why are you getting worried? I'll drop Misti to school today."

"Really Di? Thank you so much." Neha hugged Annika.

"No need to say thank you. I am Mishti's bua after all."

After Mishti finished her breakfast, Annika took Mishti to school.

Meanwhile Shivaay drove Ishaan & Pihu to the school which was just opposite to the school.

"Thanks Bade Papa!" Ishaan said as he got out of the car.

"Thank you Bade Papa!" Pihu also said.

"No problem...have fun!" Shivaay waved.

"Sir....since we are here, Can I get a coffee?" Khanna asked. "and one for you too."

"Haan ok, black coffee for me." Shivaay replied. Khanna left the car to get the coffees while Shivaay sat and went through his emails.

"Bye!" Shivaay gasped as he heard a voice so familiar there was no way he could make a mistake in recognizing it. Slowly Shivaay turned to look out the window and saw......Annika.

"A-A....Annika." Shivaay couldnt believe his eyes, after so many years he was seeing his Annika....she still looked the same....the same Khidkitod khubsoorat Annika.

(Famous Ishqbaaz background music starts)

Seeing her after so many years made Shivaay remember all the memories with her...the happy moments, the sad moments, the day she left, the news of her death.....everything. He smiled through his tears as he saw Annika stop, take off her chappal which had ripped and somehow tie it back together. She then stood at the side of the road and called for an auto.

"M..My Annika is alive...I knew it...I just knew it.." Shivaay got out of his car and was about to cross the road when Annika got into the auto.

"Annika!" Shivaay called out trying to get her attention."Annika!"

Just as Shivaay was about to step onto the road to run after Annika's auto Khanna came back and stopped him.

"Shivaay sir, what are you doing?"

"Khanna! I just saw Annika...She is there in that auto-" Shivaay excitedly turned to show Khanna but the auto had disappeared from sight by that time.

"Sir...Annika ma'am passed away years-"

"SHUT UP!" Shivaay yelled and Khanna lowered his gaze in fear, "Annika is alive, do you understand? I just now saw her! She was right there...."

"Lets go back home. I have to tell everyone!" Shivaay got excited but Khanna was hesitant.

"Khanna did you not hear what I said? We are going home now!"

"Yes sir." Khanna replied, he didnt believe that his Annika ma'am was alive but he also didnt dare disobey his boss. Getting into the car, Khanna drove back to Oberoi Mansion.

"Dadi! Dadidadidaidai DADI!" Shivaay ran in and lifted kalyani spinning her around.

"BILLU! What are you doing!" Kalyani laughed. "Leave me."

"Dadi Dadi Dadi! I am very happy today!" Hearing Shivaay, OmRu, Gauri, Bhavya, Jhanvi & Pinky came downstairs. Everyone else was out.

"Arre but tell me na, what happened?"

"Dadi I saw Annika today!" Shivaay said, Kalyani's smile dropped and everyone stood around staring at Shivaay concerned.

"Shivaay....how can you see Annika? She is-"

"No...Badima Annika is alive, I saw her. When I went to drop Ishaan & Pihu at the cafe, I saw her there getting into an auto." Shivaay looked around at his family members, "You don't believe me right?"

"Shivaay, you must have been mistaken." Om replied, "If  Bhabhi was alive then why couldnt we find her fo the last  25 Years? Bhavya looked for her right?"

"Maybe Annika had left the city then....now she is back."

"Billu..."

"Dadi....Om, why isnt anyone believing me? I cant make a mistake in rcognizing my Annika, my wife."

"But you did make a mistake Bade Bhaiyya." Gauri spoke up."25 years ago, you did make a mistake."

"Gauri..." Om tried to stop his wife.

"If you had trusted Jiji back then, she would be. alive today."

"Gauri what are you saying?"

"Its the truth Omkaraji. All these years Bade Bhaiyya keeps saying that Jiji is alive, she is alive....that hurts not only him but us also. I lost my Jiji and younger brother!" Gauri turned to leave when Shivaay held her arm and stopped her.

"Gauri, I know this is all my fault.But Annika is alive...your Jiji is alive and if she is alive then Saahil must alos be alive....I'll prove it. I will find Annika and Saahil and then you will believe me....I promise Gauri that I will bring your Jiji back home."