Chapter 40

Next Morning

"Its not only Sona's wedding, its mine too. Why cant I come?" Jai complained.

"Its both of your wedding but only Sona is gonna wear the mehendi na? No boys allowed in the Mehendi Ceremony. Thats the rule." Priyanka told her son.

"But Mom-"

"Sorry son...I cant do anything in this."

"Thats not fair Mom!"

"Life's not fair." Meera said in a teasing voice making Jai glare at her

"I have a question." Ishaan spoke up. "Whose team will Di be on?"

"What do you mean?" Om asked.

"I mean will Di be on the bride's side or groom's side?"

"Duffer, Meera is our sister so she will be on the groom's side obviously." Jai replied.

"But she is also my friend....and she promised that she will be on my side." Sona said.

"Guys...lets let Meera decide." Dev looked to Meera.

"Cant I be on both the teams?"

"No!"

"Arre but....I cant decide!"

"Too bad!" Jai replied with a smile. At that moment Meera noticed Ranveer bringing KD in on a wheelchair.

"Fine...you wont agree na? Now whatever happens, you can't blame me."

"Whats gonna happen?" Dev whispered to Alia.

"You'll see." Alia responded with a knowing smile. Dev just looked confused.

"Whats going on here?" Dadi asked.

"KD!"

"Dadi!" Everyone went and hugged her.

"Dadi...what are you doing here?" Anika asked.

"Well I couldnt miss Jai's wedding...so I came." Dadi replied.

"Actually Bhabhi I talked to the Doctor. He said that as long as Dadi gets complete rest and takes her medicine on time, we can bring her home." Ranveer replied.

Meera quickly put on a sad face before going to sit down beside Dadi.

"Arre...what happened my child?"

"KD! See na!" Meera complained and laid her head on dadi's lap. "I was just saying that I want to be on both the groom & bride's side. Becase if Jai is my brother, Sona is also my friend right? Also, I promised her and its not wrong to keep your promises right?"

"No... of course it isnt wrong." Dadi replied.

"KD...you dont mind if Im on both teams right?" Meera pouted cutely.

"Why would I mind? You do whatever you want to." Dadi lovingly ran her hand through Meera's hair. Everyone else looked on in surprise.

"Oh My Mata! What just happened? Mummyji agreed so easily?" Pinky asked.

"Exactly...Ma is usually strict about these stuff..." Tej replied.

"Thank you KD! I love you!" Meera hugged Dadi.

"I love you too, meri bachi..." Dadi smiled.

"What! But Kd-" Dadi grabbed Jai's ear and pulled him down, "Ah-ow! OW!"

"Who is the elder here?"

"OW! Ow! You are KD!"Jai replied, flinching in pain.

"Yes...I am.And I am saying, Meera will be on both sides." Dadi let go of Jai's ear. With a smirk, Meera got up and walked to Jai.