Chapter 16

The next morning, everyone woke up early because....well there was an engagement to prepare for! While everyone was busy in Oberoi Mansion, Meera slipped out to go pick up Annika, Sahil, Neha & Mishti from the airport.

*Phonecall*

M: Alia, handle everything there ok. If Sona asks then just tell her I went for a meeting.

A: Of course, dont worry Meera, say hi to everyone from me!

M: Ok, I think Ma's flight should be landing anytime now. I dont know what happened to ma, she just had to come to Mumbai today? Today is Sona & Jai's engagement, I dont even know how I'll handle everything....I'll prob be late to the engagement.

A: Relax, I will explain to Sona.

M: Thanks...oh, I see Ma. Ill talk to you later.

*Phonecall end*

"Ma!" Meera waved at Annika who was coming out of the airport pushing a luggage cart while Saahil came behind carrying Mishti in one arm and pulling a suitcase in the other and Neha came pushing another luggage cart.

(What Annika, Saahil & Neha wore)

"Meeru! How are you!" Annika smiled and hugged her daughter tightly kissing her head when she noticed the bandaid, "What...what's this? How did you get hurt?"

"This? Its mothing Ma....I just....tripped." Meera replied.

"You tripped? See Neha? This is why I had to come here, this girl never takes care of herself." Annika complained, "Is it hurting?"

"No Ma, I got hurt yesterday, its already better now." Meera assured her Mom and then turned to Neha, "And Mami, I missed you so much! Sorry, by the time you came back, I had already come to Mumbai."

"I missed you too." Neha hugged Meera.

"Sorry Meera....I'd hug you too but Mishti is sleeping...." Saahil explained.

"That's okay, lets go to the car." Meera took the luggage cart from Annika and walked ahead towards where her car was parked. Meera & Saahil sat in the front while Annika & Neha sat in the back with Mishti. Meera drove out of the airport parking lot and stopped at the red light. At that moment Shivaay's car stopped right beside her, with the driver in the front and Shivaay sitting in the back.

"Annika..." Shivaay whispered sensing her. As he turned to look out the window Annika dropped her cellphone so she bent to pick it up, and all Shivaay saw was Neha with Mishti sleeping on her lap. By the time Annika got her phone and sat back up, the light had already changed to green and Shivaay's car turned left.

"Shivaay..." Annika looked out the window but didnt see anyone.

"Di...what are you saying?" Neha asked.