Chapter XXIII

Sitting leisurely in his garden, Pradeep attentively read every single bit of the newspaper. "Radha!!" he called out for his daughter-in-law without flitting away his eyes from the newspaper.

"Store the water quickly. Tomorrow is a water cut from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., don't forget to switch on the motor." He bellowed from his chair.

Radha yelled back in from the kitchen, assuring him that she will. Seriously! How could she even forget it when he was piously broadcasting it after every half-an-hour.

Looking up from the gas stove and outside the window, Radha smiled happily. Her daughter was coming home today. Their flight was scheduled to land in the afternoon.

A week without her Anamika and she was already missing her. 'What would happen to her, when Anamika will go out for higher studies in the future?' Radha mused and went back to stirring dahi aloo in the kadhai.

"Maa have you seen my scooter keys?" Shivangi yelled from the living room, frantically searching for her keys.

"They're on the wooden cabinet, beside the vase." Radha exclaimed without a pause.

Quickly grabbing the keys Shivangi made a run towards the door but paused midway when she heard her maa calling back her name.

"What is it maa? Say it quickly, I don't have time." Shivangi exclaimed hurriedly. She was already running late for her morning tuition classes.

Placing a long list and money in Shivangi's hand, Radha said, "Bring the things in the list while returning."

Shivangi scrunched up her nose. Well! she hated grocery shopping. Bargaining with the provision store owners was not her cup of tea.

There was one time when she had engaged in a heated argument with a shop owner regarding the unjust price of pulses and had created quite a fuss.

However, in the end the shop owner admitted his fault but Shivangi being herself refused to buy anything from his shop sassily saying, "Not today and definitely never in the future."

"Now go! And please don't engage in another fight again. And come early Anu and Aarav will be home by 3 p.m." Radha reminded her again. But it was a futile attempt, she knew her daughter like the back of her hand.

And nowadays it was becoming a new passion for her to engage into verbal fights. 'God! What is she going to do with her?'

"Don't worry I know and Maa cut me some slack. I'm not the one at fault all the damn time." Shivangi pouted adorably and quickly hugging her maa she dashed outside, towards her scooter.

~*~*~*~*~

Chuski wagged her tail happily as she sniffed and circled all around Anamika. Chuckling she picked the mewling pup in her arms. Seriously, it had been like two hours or so but the female wasn't willing to let go of her.

Anamika swore she could see the possessive glint in her chocolate brown eyes.

"Aww! I missed you too Chuski." She imparted with an amused smile. She could hear Aarav grumping at the lack of attention from the female.

"I too was away dear Chuski and I had fallen sick too, you know. Come on! I'm the youngest I deserve more attention." Aarav frowned in the background.

"Oh! Little Aarav is jealous." Anamika teased earning chuckles from Pradeep, Kusumlata and Radha.

"Jealousy? What is it?" Aarav raised a brow, "I am a holy soul, who's above all these petty things." He stated with both arms wide open.

"All hail! Baba Aarav Dev!" Shivangi exclaimed loudly, making the living room resonate with laughter.