Chapter XLIV

Shivangi curiously observed her younger sister. She watched as Anamika narrated everything about their school trip to an eager pair of Radha and Bhagyashree with unmatched enthusiasm and sighed at her poor acting skills.

Something was clearly bothering her lovely sister and however much Anamika tried to hide it, Shivangi could see it as clear as water in her brown orbs. Shivangi had a feeling that she might already know the reason behind Anamika's troubled look.

She decided that she would raise this topic when they'd have no company. 'Bed time it is then,'

'You're in for a ride if you don't right your wrongs in time, you idiotic boy!' sighed Shivangi.

Aarav was busy stuffing his mouth with papad that Radha had fried as an evening snack along with tea. He was the least interested in the ongoing 'Anamika's adventurous adventures in the Pink City' and was busy minding his own business.

Shivangi just threw a hopeless glance in his direction as she watched him gobbling down a plate full of papad all by himself.

She smacked his head as she snatched the plate back from his hands. "Don't just finish by yourself. We're here too."

"So! Did I stop you from eating it? It's your fault only that you can't eat as fast as me," Aarav just shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly at his sister, making Shivangi's eyes' twitch at his impudence.

"If you two fight again, forget about getting dinner tonight," came their maa's threatening voice. And in an instance the once raucous Tom & Jerry pair became an affable Motu & Patlu pair.

~*~*~*~*~

Inside her quilt, Anamika scrolled through the pictures from their school trip. She smiled as she caught one of Naina in a funny position. Deciding that she would post it especially on Naina's birthday, Anamika added it to her favourites.

Her friends had already posted them online and Anamika was also currently selecting pictures she could share on her social media account. Just then her phone trilled with a loud noise. Seeing the name displayed she contemplated whether to pick up or not.

Undecisive, she let the phone ring trill until it stopped itself. But her relief was short-lived when it started ringing yet again.

She didn't want to talk to him, right now. And just wanted to be left alone to her thoughts till she sorted them out. So, she texted him that she'll call him when she'd feel like it.

Anamika knew the text would only add to his vexation but this time she decided to shift the dynamics of their relationship a little.

He needed to understand that she cannot always be on his back and call. Huffing to herself, Anamika picked up a novel from the side table and continued from where she had left.

~*~*~*~*~

Rudra threw an amused glance at the vexed visage of his brother and held back a chuckle. 'You reap what you sow!' Oh! how he wished he could say those words on his face.

But who wants to sport a bruise on their handsome face! Rudra certainly didn't.

With great amusement he watched his brother pacing back and forth across the room, flinging a string of acidic curses every now and then. Donning a clueless look on his face, Rudra finally asked, "What happened Eklavya? Is everything alright?"

Eklavya stopped in his tracks and gave him a heated glare, if Rudra had just been someone else, he would've been incinerated by the sheer intensity of his glare. But being Eklavya Singh Shekhawat's brother had thickened his skin.