Chapter LVII

An immensely anxious Varsha paced back and forth along the length of the green room. Stage fright finally kicking in. Sonali worried over the overanxious girl as she tried to assuage her fears but to no avail.

"Leave her be Sonali, it's her habit to fret herself senseless before going on the stage," told a relaxed Kanchan. She had been with Varsh long enough to know and understand her every trait. And this was quite literally one of her worst ones.

"She likes depleting her energy this way, don't give it too much thought," Kanchan added mockingly as Varsh silently drew daggers at her,

"But...," Sonali weakly muttered, unsure of how to proceed further and Kanchan huffed loudly before exclaiming a loud 'Fine!' making Sonali stare at her in perplexion.

Looking at Saanvi, Kanchan asked loudly, "Hey Saanvi! Are you and Rudra together or something?!"

Loud gasps were heard as everyone, present in the green room apart from their group turned their heads towards a certain curly-haired girl.

Eyes turned saucers; Saanvi looked horrified at Kanchan's brashness. Anamika who was busy tying her ghunghroos stilled in her place as Rupali and Sonali shared a look.

Varsha who was busy measuring the length of the greenroom till then, jumped at Saanvi as she shook her by her shoulders and excitedly asked,

A major 180-degree flip happened in front of everyone's eyes,

"What?! Is it true? You and Rudra are dating!! Since when? And by the way, why didn't you tell us? Do you not deem us as friends Saanvi!!"

Kanchan winked at Sonali as she mouthed, "See, this is how you get her to concentrate!"

Saanvi swore she felt dizzy as Varsha continued shaking her by her shoulders. But before she could put her two cents several voices started ringing in the green room.

Many of them reiterated the same questions put up by Varsha. Anamika watched worriedly as the whole greenroom suddenly turned interested in Saanvi and her love life.

Giving Kanchan a mildly disappointed look Anamika decided to alleviate the situation and help an unprepared Saanvi out of the mire.

"You should not have asked like this Kanchan." Rupali didn't feel like minting her words as she relayed what was in her mind straight to Kanchan. "Everything has a place and time,"

"Come with me Varsha," Anamika unglued both the girls as she dragged Varsha with her,

"Is it true, Anamika? I guess that's why they both were behaving so easy with each other outside," Varsha babbled to herself.

Saanvi, who had barely regained her balance, touched her forehead feeling slightly dizzy. This was a discovery for her, a divine revelation to find someone as erratic and hyperactive as herself.

"It's nothing like this Varsha. How about I tell you everything in detail after our performance?" Anamika gently tried to coerce.

"Not just her! But about your mysterious boyfriend too." Varsha said, emphasizing the last part and Anamika said,

"We'll see. But for now, let's concentrate on performing our very best as I think our name is going to be called soon,"

"Promise?" an innocent Varsha eagerly believed her words,

Nodding her head in affirmation Anamika heaved a sigh of relief.

She had somehow managed to save the situation but was sure that with the number of girls they had present in the green room, talks about Rudra and Saanvi would spread through the whole school like wildfire.