Chapter XIII

Driving through the curvy roads of Dehradun, Rohan cursed vehemently at the slow pace of the vehicles on the highway.

Picking up his trilling phone he answered in the rudest way possible, "What the fuck do you want Mr. Awasthi? What? If you want to discuss about the property then talk to mom not me, I'm busy."

Without even hearing the other person he rudely and abruptly cut the call. This slow traffic was giving him headache. Why in the hell's name did he decided to come here? He questioned himself.

He was here to meet his beloved cousins. But it seems that the stars weren't in his favour today, as he looked at the never-ending line of vehicles in front of him.

Rohan had to cancel his meetings that were scheduled today all for a chance to have a nice and cosy time with his cousins. He chuckled at himself. Who was he kidding?

He was not here to have a nice and cosy get together with his cousins. But rather he was here to teach a lesson to those arrogant pair of brothers.

Eklavya and Rudra. The two names he loathed the most. Names, which were proving to be the biggest hurdle in getting him the ancestral property of his maternal grandfather.

That old man had written off every single of his wealth to those two. Not even leaving a single penny for him, Rohan who was the son of his very own daughter.

And that Rudra, who doesn't even deserve to carry that surname is going to inherit his share of wealth. Fuck! He doesn't even deserve the name Rudra.

Rohan's lips curled up, showcasing his displeasure. For fuck's sake Rudra was a bloody orphan. An orphan whom Randheer uncle and Meera aunty brought home when he was three.

He dialled up Eklavya's number and waited patiently till he picked it up.

"What do you want?" a calm yet dangerous voice spoke from the other side.

Smirking, Rohan said, "Eklavya, my dear. Is that how you greet your elder cousin?"

"Cut the chase and spill why have you suddenly called me." Eklavya's scowling voice resonated.

The smirk that lurked on his face instantly turned into a scowl of displeasure and with a hard voice he said, "Meet me at the outskirts of the town in a half an hour."

"And why in the fucking hell do you think that I'll fulfil this heart-whelming wish of yours."

"Because you too are dying to meet your cousin." Rohan mouthed smartly.

"You know what I don't feel so generous today. So, we will think about this expedition of yours some other day." Eklavya stated mockingly.

Rohan swear he could almost see that arrogant son of a bitch smiling at him.

"Listen, I've something really important to discuss with you –

Before Rohan could complete Eklavya jutted in and said sharply, "I don't have time to waste on your bullshit. And frankly, I don't care."

With that he cut the call.

Bewildered with the audacity of that boy, Rohan hit the steering wheel with barely concealable anger and fury. His body rocked with the anger that was currently running through his wheels.

~*~*~*~*~

Hungrily gulping down the life-giving water Anamika gave the water bottle to the girl sitting next to her.

Saanvi drank the water and kept the bottle in her bag. When she saw it was safe to raise her concerns Saanvi asked Anamika, "What is it with you from few days? You seem miffed with something?