Chapter XVII (Part I)

Setting aside the jewellery set Anamika gazed back at Ira in astonishment. She still was unable to fathom that her engagement was fixed.

And that too with the love of her life. Ira di was indeed lucky and blessed.

"Oh! Shivangi! He's so tall, handsome, intelligent, charming, smart." Ira gushed with dreamy eyes.

"Stop gushing over him already. At least, show me his picture." Shivangi spoke excitedly, thrilled at the prospect of Ira's wedding.

"Quit complaining! Here, this is him. Handsome isn't he!!" Ira squealed like a typical high school girl.

"He's handsome. We all know it. you don't need to announce it to the world that you bagged him as your husband." Advay spoke, a bit irritated. And why wouldn't he be. From the past few days it was Raghvendra 'this' and Raghvendra 'that'.

Oh god! He was already feeling sorry for his brother-in-law.

"Shut up Advay, stop being a jerk. And continue your brooding somewhere else." Ira said sharply with narrowed eyes.

"Di what are you doing? Advay listen to me-

"Fine. Like I was dying to be in your company." With that he stood up and left her room.

In the first place, he was there because he felt bored. He didn't have any practise today while both Eklavya and Rudra were busy with their football practise.

As the annual inter-school football competition was coming closer day by day. And their coach wasn't in the mood to illustrate any mercy.

Beside this continuous gushing over his brother-in-law, he was angry and slightly hurt.

Why was he always the last one to know anything in this house?

It had been always like this. After all the incidents, all the fights are over, he is informed. Like he's an outsider.

He didn't feel involved in any kind of decision.

Was it a sin to be the youngest? At least, that's what he felt and that's what everyone made him feel.

Advay wouldn't lie, he was truly and genuinely happy for his sister. And wished her a happy life ahead from the bottom of his heart.

But there was a tiny feeling of disappointment. Of dejection.

When he tells her even the tiniest of things of his life. Then why?

Why couldn't she share hers with him?

~*~*~*~*~

Anamika strolled along the boundary of her terrace. Something or rather someone had occupied her mind.

Worry was evident in her thoughts.

Advay.

She knew him since her childhood and could very well understand that something was troubling her dear friend.

But she couldn't decide whether to give him some time and space or talk it out with him.

Advay may look like a talkative and happy-go-lucky guy. But the truth was that he's an introvert when it comes to his innermost feelings and emotions.

He shuns out everyone. And according to him that's his best way to hide his feelings.

Anamika had understood it and respected his privacy. Not now but maybe after sometime she will insinuate the topic with him

But she couldn't let go of that nagging feeling that he needed someone to listen to him desperately.

He didn't but his eyes conveyed everything to her.