Chapter XLV

Her astonished gaze wandered around the whole room which was decorated breathtakingly beautiful. Just down the window there were cushions arranged on opposite sides and a small low lying round table with all the candles and vivacious flowers in a glass vase arranged neatly.

The setting was extremely romantic and adding to it was the full moon that peeked into the room through the window as the curtains were pinned on the side.

To say she was astounded would be an understatement for never had she ever expected this kind of thing from him. As far as she knew Eklavya had zero romantic bone in him. But if her hypothesis was correct then what was all this...!

Blinking, Anamika struggled to grasp rational words. She was delightfully pleased and so touched at this saccharine gesture of his that if she wasn't pretending to be cross with him, she would've run up and hugged him tightly, hiding her face in his chest.

Feeling him just behind her, Anamika bit on her lip as she chided herself to not act on her impulse. Her poor heart hammered against her bosom when she felt him leaning down and whisper sweetly in her ear, "Am I forgiven yet?"

With tremendous will she tried to calm her erratic heartbeat as she turned to look at his face. But that proved to be a drastic mistake when she grasped just how close they stood. 

He was encroaching her space with his feet touching hers and all she could feel was butterflies soaring sky high in her stomach.

'God! Please help me,' she prayed fervently in her mind and tried to form some coherent words but in vain. As just like always her mind ditched her at the worst time possible.

When nothing left her mouth, he whispered in his deep voice again, this time staring candidly in her demure eyes taking in her enrapturing, blushing face in the incandescent glow of the scented candles, "Words Anamika..."

Nodding her head meekly she sucked in some courage before stepping back hastily. His proximity was ruinous for her rational side. Eklavya's dark eyes glinted in triumph of which she failed to take note of.

This was not how it was supposed to be. She was supposed to have the upper hand in all this and not relent so easily. 

But now she couldn't even remember why she was so vexed with him. This was so not fair!

If he thought she would just melt and forget everything then he was right! But would she admit it so easily? Definitely not!

So, crossing her arms and gaining back her voice she said in a solemn tone, "What is all this Eklavya?" trying her level best to sound as much disinterested as she could.

Raising a brow at the expected query, Eklavya rounded his tongue against the inner cheek before speaking, "My earnest attempt to gain your forgiveness Miss Rathore,"

Anamika rolled her eyes at his cheeky reply but the very next moment he had her eyes rounded in utter horror when he stepped forward wrapping a very robust arm around her frail waist.

"Ek-Eklavya... wh-at are you do-doing?" she rasped, putting her hand on his forearm in futile attempt to put some distance between them.

"Answer me honestly Anamika and I'll let you go," he drawled his words, enjoying the feel of her in his arms.

"You're not being fair here Eklavya. Don't you know how much you affect me?" she cried out defencelessly, her brown vivacious eyes staring at him accusingly.

Grinning at her, he let go of her and raised his arms in surrender as if saying he was of no threat. "Come, let's sit and talk. I've prepared so much for tonight." He said winking at her, making her ivory complexioned cheeks flush red a shade deeper, as he took her hand and led them towards the window.