Chapter XV

Anamika groaned when she felt another tug at her head. "Di, can you please not rip off my hair." She complained.

"Don't exaggerate Anu. And stay still or you'll ruin my masterpiece." Shivangi chided her instantly.

Right now, both of them were on terrace. While Anamika was busy reading the novel, she had seen on her sister's desk. Shivangi had immediately cashed the opportunity by grabbing her hair and trying the brand-new hair style that she'd learned online, just yesterday.

Sighing, the young girl went back in to the world of words. Which was much more different and beautiful from this materialistic and deceptive one. The story was just getting interesting, both the protagonists were going to confess their undying love to each other, after crossing so many hurdles.

'How romantic!' Anamika gushed as she turned the page to continue.

He turned back, as his eyes flickered with thousands of indescribable emotions. She gulped down nervously, this was it. This was the moment she was waiting for so desperately.

'Do – Don't go, please. Can't you just stay here.' she begged anxiously.

'I don't have any other reason to stay here now, Esha.' He said tiredly and looked up at the gloomy sky. That seemed to mourn for them. For their love, that was fated to remain unrequited till the eternity.

She paused at his words, as they cut deep into her already bleeding heart. Defeatedly looked down at her shoes, her hair fell on each side of her face like a curtain. As eyes welled up with unshed tears. 'You do.' She spoke so softly, that if he wasn't standing near her, he wouldn't have heard it.

Looking up at him, in his eyes, in his soul, she spoke resolutely, 'You have to stay here for me. Because, I love you Aayush.'

Anamika was pulled out of her world, when she felt another painful tug. "Di, that's it. Leave me this very instant. I don't want you to perform any more of your magic on my hair."

She practically yelled at her sister who sat behind her on a charpai, startling her.

"What has gotten into you Anu? I will not tolerate anymore of your bratty attitude." Shivangi reprimanded her scathingly, her eyes narrowed at her younger sister. As if she was in the wrong.

"No, you always make me your lab rat. I will not have it anymore." She replied with burning eyes. "I won't let you have your way. I will fight you till my last breath." Anamika announced melodramatically.

Shivangi stared at her incredulously, "Where did that sudden sense of justice and righteousness came from?" she stated in bewilderment.

Seeing her face Anamika couldn't stop herself from giggling.

"I was watching a political debate on television yesterday. The person in opposition was screaming out these words repeatedly, so I just picked it up from there." She spoke and shrugged her shoulders in the end.

"Stop watching that nonsense. You'll turn even crazier than you already are." Shivangi said nonchalantly.

"Hey! You done tormenting her." a voice yelled out making both the Rathore sisters look in the direction it came from.

There stood Ira, along the boundary of her terrace, looking highly amused. And it didn't take long for the sisters to figure out that she was getting entertained at their expense.

"Have to say it. I was quite enjoying the show. Two mad girls bickering with each other." She said grinningly. "Would've been a treat to watch if you were going for each other's throat."