Chapter XXIX

Naina knew something was up when she saw Anamika's face, which was contorted into deep contemplation. She had always been good with these types of things. Well! How should she put it... her intuitions always hit right on the mark!

And considering how her face was dabbed in red, Naina could only think of one person who was responsible for it. Huh! Why is she the only one who sees these things?

Well! Seeing how Saanvi was busy stealing some time for Rudra and herself and Iqra playing the role of the good host. It wasn't a big deal as to why they still hadn't noticed the sudden change of air surrounding Anamika.

Advay was busy entertaining Sonali and Rupali, who looked in complete awe as he sang his suspiciously glorious tales.

A short visit to the washroom wouldn't hurt anyone would it now!

"You guys wait here! I'll be right back." Naina stated suddenly standing up from her chair.

"Huh! Where are you going Naina?" Satakshi queried with knitted brows.

"Oh! Just to the loo. Come give me some company Anamika!" Naina pulled onto her elbow and dragged her alongside with her.

"Wh-What... wait for a second Nai –

"Just tag along Miss Lovesick Lady," Naina whispered in a teasing tone.

It was when they entered the barren washroom that Naina released her elbow.

"Ow! That hurt like hell Naina. Look my elbow is all red now." Anamika complained and grimaced as she soothingly caressed the red prints on her elbow.

"So is your face, Miss Rathore," Naina said mischievously, eyes gleaming with excitement to know what was happening.

Anamika squeaked at her statement and immediately covered her face with her hands. Making Naina laugh heartily at her friends' absurdly cute behavior.

"It's not fair Naina. You cannot just suddenly say that." Anamika pouted, eyes glaring at her aggrievedly.

"I can't help it my love when you act so damn cute. Just like those empty-headed heroines of the dramas I detest so much." Naina shrugged off, smoothing her hair and fixing her make-up looking in the big mirror just above the washbasin.

"I don't know whether you're making fun of me or not," Anamika grumbled underneath her breath.

"What's there to ponder over? I'm obviously ridiculing you." Naina said nonchalantly, making Anamika give her a stink-eye.

"Okay! Okay! Stop there. I don't think I can handle any of your sassiness right now."Anamika said and leaned against a nearby wall, heaving a huge sigh.

"What's the matter?" Naina asked, without looking away from the mirror.

Biting the inside of her cheeks, Anamika didn't know where to begin with. How casually had he said, 'Come down.'

But who is to tell that idiot that it isn't so simple. What would she say to her friends? She didn't want to lie to them but she also didn't want to tell them anything until she herself was sure of where she stood with him.

Huh! How could she expect him to understand that? He doesn't have to fret over these things. She was sure that one look from him and his brothers would carry his secrets to the afterlife with them.

No kidding!

But she was kind of happy. It was the first-ever step Eklavya had taken towards eliminating the expanse between them.

"Is it about Eklavya?"

Sighing Anamika walked up to Naina and leaned her head on her shoulder, "How do you always know? I bet you were one hell of a nosy neighborhood aunty with great eye-sight in your previous life."