Chapter XLI

After studying Accountancy for about an hour and a half, Anamika's interest in making balance sheets was beginning to peter out. Deciding that it was enough for today, Anamika closed her books and stretched her body, feeling an inexplicable sense of relief.

She was staring out of her window right at the flourishing back garden when her phone trilled. Anamika's full lips curved into a mischievous smile, "How was the date Rudra's Chanda?"

Instantly she heard the said girl squealing from the other side, failing miserably to curb her eagerness to share it with her friend, "Anamika!! How did I get so lucky with Rudra?! I mean he's all that I ever imagined my partner to be. And don't even ask me about the date, it was perfect. You know what he took me to a game café and I beat him at every single chance-

"And you do not expect me to believe it, right?" Anamika said, knowing her friend all too well.

"Huff! Okay, I lost to him a few times too and then we went to this beautiful restaurant, it had such homely vibes to it. And don't even get me started on the food. It was finger-licking delicious." Saanvi shared excitedly,

"You didn't let him pay the bill all alone, did you?" Anamika asked strictly.

"Of course not, we split the bill. And then we went to the market-

Saanvi continued sharing even the minutiae of her little romantic excursion with Rudra and Anamika listened to all her talks with utmost interest. A little bit of patience was also included as it was needed with Saanvi's endless ramblings. But Anamika continued listening to her.

After about half an hour they ended the call on a pleasant note but it left Anamika with a sense of discontent. It wasn't like as if she envied Saanvi or anything like that because her ship was sailing smoothly. But somewhere her heart too craved for these small things.

She too wanted to go on a tea date with him - Yes Tea date!!! Because she prefers tea to coffee. And wanted to discover all the new avenues with him by her side. But you rarely get what you want. Anamika sighed, her expressive brown eyes staring at the horizon as the currents of inexorable longing reached the shore of her soft heart.

It has almost been a month since Eklavya's accident. And in these thirty days, a lot has happened. Everything seemed to be falling back into its rightful place and Anamika felt in her soul that things were finally turning out for the best.

The moment Eklavya had exhorted the promise to not lie to her family ever for their clandestine meetings, Anamika had literally made Advay the scapegoat. Although peeved sometimes, Advay had been nothing but a sweetheart as he always helped her, given whatever the situation.

Of course! Anamika didn't forget to grease his palm. If anything, this new situation had given that baboon a certain edge over her as he sometimes resorted to plain blackmailing whenever he wanted something from her.

Like right now, Anamika was sure that the oaf must be busy copying down the homework they had to submit tomorrow from her notebook.

Apart from that she still hadn't acted out on Ira's advice to indulge Shivangi in her secret. Truthfully speaking, she was scared out of her wits whenever she imagined herself telling her sister about her relationship with Eklavya because she wasn't sure how she would react.

But someday she'd have to confide in her. Because she simply could not keep her sister in the dark forever.

She was broken out of her reverie when her phone again trilled. Her brown orbs narrowed when she saw who it was. Picking it up, she softly said, "Hello!"

"You didn't go to your dance classes today," he said,

"Yes! Saanvi wasn't coming today so I didn't feel like going also. It gets a little boring without her." She answered, inspecting the nails of her other hand. 'Uhh! She needed to trim her nails real soon.' "Did you talk with your grandma today?" she asked, referring to Nalini.