17.

Hinata groaned. Tomorrow was the last day before he has to go back to school. He looked around his empty room, glad he won't have to see this place for awhile, but he wasn't happy. Just means he'll have to see Tsukishima's face again (that alone is torture enough) and be subjected to Oikawa's terrible nicknames. Hinata could tolerate Kuroo to some degree, Akaashi wasn't too bad. Kenma's...very quiet. And not in a good way. He never talks, his eyes are always going all over the place as if he's looking for something. He always has a blank expression, and because of these qualities is what makes Kenma an enigma to Hinata. He just can't figure him out, which makes him unpredictable in the ginger's book. So he stays as far away from him as he possibly can. Honestly, the way Kenma is and the way Kuroo acts make Hinata wonder how they're even friends in the first place.

"...ouyou..Shou...Shouy...Shouyou!" The orangette's eyes snapped open, "Shouyou are you there?" Oh yeah. He was on the phone with his sister. They were making plans for when he visits. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I was saying, do you promise you won't fight Ojii-san?" Hinata scoffed. His grandfather was a bastard and an idiot. "The last you guys fought, he almost died! You know how fragile he is!"

"Doesn't give him any reason to insult his grandchildren."

"But do you have to get physical with him?"

"Well maybe if he kept his stupid trap shut, I wouldn't have to!"

"Well maybe if you weren't a hellspawn, I wouldn't have to say anything!"

"Shut up your old crook. They should've kept you in jail to rot."

"And I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"Give Natsu her phone back you rapist." Yep, that's right. His grandfather was a rapist. His entire family's a bunch of messed-up fucktards. His aunt murdered her child then killed herself, one of his uncles when to jail for selling drugs to underaged kids, his step-aunt went crazy after taking too many drugs, killed her husband, and runaway to who knows where, his mother was an alcoholic, his father was also a drug addict, a cousin's brother went to jail for killing a little boy and was sentenced to execution a few months after, said cousin hung herself days later and his grandfather is a rapist.

It seems that only he, Natsu, and his grandmother are the only normal ones in this fucked up family tree. "Sorry about him."

"Don't apologize for that asshat."

"Well, I'm excited to see you! Bye-bye!" Hinata smiled slightly. His sister was always a joy. A joy he needed to protect.

"Bye-bye firecracker."

-

Something wasn't right. It was only a few hours after Hinata returned, and he kept getting these weird looks from people.

Not that he didn't get those looks already, but these felt different. More..intense. And they all keep whispering. One girl even walked up to him and asked if she could kiss him. He almost slapped her. Almost.

Has he done anything gossip-worthy? He asked himself. And no, he's been keeping to himself. And he hasn't been here for a month. Maybe someone started a rumor about him? If so, why? He hasn't done anything to piss off anyone, atleast he doesn't think he has. "Hinata-san!" Hinata's head snapped up, Kizumi Yuki, a tall, blonde-haired girl in his class. She was popular among the girls (even with being a first-year) because of her looks and caring attitude. They got along pretty well, despite their opposite personalities.

"Yeah?"

She ran up to him, panting between her words, "There's...some...someone in..in class 1-C...saying...whew! Saying they dated you!" Hinata's eyes widened, brows furrowing into an angry expression. "W h e r e?" Hinata's voice sounded angry, dripping with venom. Kizumi made a little motion to follow her, and follow he did. Because of this is who he think it is, he has some words to say to them.

And by words he means grabbing a chair and throwing it at said person.

-

The face Hinata was making was unreadable, indifferent. His lips an absolute straight line. "How long did you date for Eito-san?"

"Until the end of second year."

Red, messy hair, light green eyes, piercings, that oh so familiar tattoo, yep. That's him. Arataki Eito. His ex.