32.

Hinata struggled to stand to his feet, the world seemed to be spinning, everything was blurry. He could hear talking but he couldn't make out what they were saying.

"Oi, you need your rest, you idiot.." He felt someone grab his other other arm. He pushed them away, causing himself to fall. That same person grabbed his wrist, catching him. They pulled him into a hug. He leaned into the touch, despite it being a bit cold.

"H-Hey, are you crying?"

As the world started to build itself around him again, he finally realized it was Tsukishima he was clinging to. And it was Tsukishima's shirt he crying into. Then, he started to hear police sirens, Lisa and the police officers talking, the footsteps what he could assume are the others.

Tsukishima did his best, rubbing comforting circles on the smaller's back, but he doesn't have much experience in this department. "What happened?" He finally said.

There was a long silence before the blonde said, "Woodwair-sama wacked the guy with a metal chair. I called the police."

Another long silence, then another sniffle. "Jeez, your getting my shirt covers in snot and tears.." Tsukishima quietly uttered.

With another sniffle, Hinata mumbled a quiet, broken "sorry". Despite that, Tsukishima pressed the other closer. "I'll allow it this once.." the taller muttered, not even sounding a bit annoyed.

Then he felt it again. That same warmth.

And unknowingly, he allowed himself to smile.

——

"Hinata! Tsukishima!" Sugawara called out in worry, seeing the two walking towards the group. None of them cared that the ginger was wearing the blonde's jacket on it shoulders, they were just happy he was safe.

"Are you okay?" Sugawara asked, gripping Hinata's shoulders. The oranget shoved him away. "I'm not interested in talking to anyone right now. I just want to sleep." And hopefully never wake up.

"I'll take him back." Tsukishima offered. They looked like they wanted to say something but the look Tsukishima have them told otherwise.

——

It wasn't a surprise that Hinata didn't arrive to homeroom the next day, or any of his other classes. It wasn't long before nearly everyone heard about what happened at the night of the Spring Dance.

When Bokuto asked Tsukishima if he and Hinata wanted to go to the arcade with Kuroo and Atsumu, the blonde just responded, "Hinata's not up for it."

And Hinata himself hasn't left the bed the entire day, regardless if he was hungry or not. It came to the point where it became Tsukishima's responsibility to make sure the male eats.

And as for the principal, he was sent to prison for a sentence of thirty-to-fifty years because apparently, there was evidence of him doing those kind of things in male's previous childhood. Lisa would frequently check up on the ginger through Tsukishima since it seems he didn't want to see anyone right now.

Until one day, he just disappeared.