friends?

You finally reached Ku's house. Mrs. Saiki popped her head out, completely ecstatic to see you.
"You were right, sweetheart! Putting cheese in made it much better!"
You smiled. You had looked forward all day to see Mrs. Saiki.
"I'm glad you liked it!"

"Oh! Teruhashi, hi dear! How are you?" The woman had noticed the angel.
"I'm quite well, Mrs. Saiki"
"That's good! Have a safe trip home! Come on in, you two!" she waved you and Saiki in.
E-eh?!!? I don't get an invitation? This is all wrong. The heavens are meant to be on my side! (Teruhashi) Then it started sprinkling.
And they are.

"My my. I wouldn't want you to get all wet in the rain!" Mrs. Saiki stated worriedly.
Yes! Finally. Now, invite me in! (Teruhashi)
Mrs. Saiki popped in and back out with an umbrella.
"Here you go, dear" she said with her lovely smile, handing out the umbrella towards the dumbfounded and shocked Teruhashi.
Instead, you reached in and grabbed it, opening it above you and the angel.
"Come on Teru, I'll walk you home!"

I just showed her Teruhashi's true side and she's still looking out for her. Why?
It's dangerous to walk home in the rain and since the clouds have made it darker than it should be at this hour, I can't just let her walk alone. You remembered the time you got cornered by the three men.
Had Saiki not showed up, I wouldn't be here right now.

Teruhashi tried to convince herself that you were just doing it for show. But after the walk to hers, it was clear what she had to do. She couldn't be the perfect girl if she continued to ignore the truth for her own selfish benefit.
"I'm sorry for ruining your day with Saiki." She began.
You were surprised. You looked up at her with confusion.
"You didn't ruin anything, Teru."
"But I did. I was being selfish and I tried to get his attention on me all day." It turns out that I misjudged her. I hate to admit this but she's not actually a bad person. She seems like she would treat Saiki well. (Teruhashi)
Good grief.