race you

"I wish I bought a cute bikini but Hairo challenged me to a swimming competition", you said wearing your one piece, plain black swimsuit.
"Don't worry about it! You still look cute and simple," Teruhashi replied with her cute, frilly pink bikini on.
"Girls! Hurry up! I wanna lay on the warm sand already!" Yumehara whined from outside the change rooms.

*

You made your way to the beach, getting straight into the swimming race with Hairo. You were losing 9-0 when finally you reached the sand before him.
"Holy crap, I actually won! I actually won against Hairo!" you jumped around in excitement. You went to yell at Hairo who was following behind you in the water but there was no sight of him.
"Hairo?"

Suddenly, there was a giant splash on the surface of the water. Hairo had been attacked by a small shark, scared it away with no scratches and was now swimming back.
HE HAD TO BE ATTACKED BY A SHARK FOR ME TO WIN?!?
"Good job, friend! You finally beat me!" he said, swinging his arm back and smacking your back as a pat, sending your torso forward.
"Hairo, you fought off a shark like 3 seconds ago. No one could do what you do." Just as you finished your sentence, you heard Nendo's deep voice call.
"Did someone say shark? I just caught two." He held one medium shark in each hand and you and Hairo jumped back in shock and fear.
"Nevermind.." you said, taking your leave to tell your friends about the surprising win.