Prologue 4

Kokichi's Third Person POV

CRACK! The chair broke under Kokichi.
"ACK!" He yelled in pain as he struggled to reach for his boxcutter. He luckily grabbed it and began to cut the rope. The rope suddenly snapped after being cut through enough. Kokichi quickly took the loop off of his neck and sat there. In tears, sobbing and catching his breath.

"stupid

you can't even kill yourself properly

try again

make it more painful

the hydraulic press is calling for your name, kokichi

it knows."

Kokichi gripped his hair in anger, mentally yelling. The voices kept getting louder. He went to the bathroom to check if he had a bruise from the rope or not, and sure enough he did. He couldn't turn back now. What would the others think if they found out he tried to kill himself? He had no choice but to finish it off.

He left his dorm, hoping no one was out in the halls. He was still unaware that it was only his dorm that wasn't soundproof. He heard Shuichi's door click and open, he sprinted to the hydraulic press. Holding his suicide note too hard on accident, and now it was crumpled up.
ok.. for real this time. I'm going to do it. no going back now like a fucking coward,you hear me? I'm going to END IT NOW.

Shuichi's POV

what the hell was that loud crack? it sounded like it came from Kokichi's room again.. odd. I guess I'll check up on him, why not. I'm a bit hungry anyway. I looked up from the ground and saw a figure run out of the dorm lobby, but I was too tired to make out who it was. I glanced at Kokichi's dorm room. oh well.. its the middle of the night, I don't have time to be solving mysteries. I made my way to the cafeteria, grabbing some chips from the pantry.

Kokichi's POV

I crumpled up my suicide note into a ball. I layed down on the cold metal of the hydraulic press. I aimed the crumpled up note at the start up button.

click

As I heard that click, my claustrophobia kicked in. My lungs felt weak, I couldn't breathe. I closed my eyes to feel better but only saw flashbacks of terrible times in my life. I saw my old suicide attempts. my self harm. a bunch of my trauma. The intrusive thoughts came back..

"shuichi doesn't care

shuichi won't care

he'll be glad

everyone will be happy.

happy without you."

I opened by eyes and glanced to the side, I saw the door open.. and there i saw...

him....

navy blue hair..

dressed in all black..

yellow eyes..

my last sight is Shuichi.. my favorite person..

"I love you shumai.."

That was the last thing I whispered before I felt the pressure on my lungs, head, and everywhere else on my body. I felt nothing but pain. But the pain wasn't as nearly as bad as what Shumai, my beloved, had said to me.

"You're alone Kokichi, and you always will be..."

I heard Shuichi's voice yell something, but was too busy repeating those words over and over in my head, making it impossible for me to hear what he said. I kept repeating the sentence until I couldn't think anymore. And all my senses faded away one by one.

566 words.