Prologue 5

SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 5

Shuichi's POV

no..

no.. No... NO NO NO NO NO!!

I saw Kokichi glance over at me, smile, and then whisper something. It was so quiet yet so loud...

"I love you shumai.."

...did I hear him correctly...? Against my will I shouted back, "KOKICHI DONT LEAVE I LOVE YOU!" I stopped for a brief second realizing what I had just blurted. I could've sworn I only stopped to think for a few seconds... but when I looked up...

My eyes couldn't comprehend what I was seeing

My eyes couldn't comprehend what I was seeing. My... friend.. just... killed himself.. and I couldn't even see his last moments. I felt gallons of tears fill to my eyes. I started to sob. Loudly. I guess I sobbed too loudly because soon enough, Maki, Kaito, Tsumugi, Kiibo, and Himiko entered the room.

The body discovery announcement came on and even though I didn't want to, I started to investigate. I first noticed the crumpled up paper and unfolded it. It was a suicide note.. which read:

Dear Shumai...

You may be wondering.. who is the person under the press? well if you couldn't tell already, it was me, the person you hate. remember "You're alone Kokichi and you always will be?" yeah. I never got over it. I'm sorry for being weak and letting it get to me. but hey, I'm dead now and I won't be causing trouble anymore.. this is what you guys wanted.. right? anyways.. I wrote this note so you guys wouldn't get executed because of me. I wrote this note because i wanted you to know that...
I love you..

Goodbye, From Me to Shuichi With Love.

no.. kokichi... has it all wrong.. I don't hate him.. I never did..

Time Skip to Trial

We had no choice but to vote for Kokichi, none of us could even comprehend the fact that he had killed himself.

Monokuma giggled, looking at the results. He looked up at Kaito.
"Lets give it everything we've got! IIIITS PUNISHMENT TIME!" Everyone looked at Kaito with confusion.
"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I DIDNT KILL HIM! KOKICHI HAS THE MOST VOTES ARE YOU BLIND?" Kaito shouted at the top of his lungs, raging at the black and white bear.

"Puhuhu.. why yes, but you were the one who hated him the most, and I'm bored! So you're going to be the one to die!" Kaito's face filled with anger.
"DO YOU GUYS SEE WHY I HATE KOKICHI SO MUCH NOW?? IS IT CLE-" He was cut off by Monokuma, being pulled to his death.

430 words.