Chapter 10 - Sorry, Saihara

Kaede's POV

My eyes seemed to skim over the text more than once, I couldn't believe what I just read. did Kaito thing that was gonna make me mad at Ouma somehow?

My eyebrows furrowed and my thumbs almost seemed to tapdance on my phone screen as I typed.

_________________________________________

But did he tell you about the part when Kokichi killed himself and got me executed..

no, he didn't, but why did Kokichi kill himself anyway?

Kaito has gone offline

________________________________________

One part of me laughed at how Kaito didn't even know why, but the other part was wondering why Kokichi did it. Even though I was very curious I decided to not tell anyone about the information to avoid drama.

Kokichi's POV

I looked down at the blank calendar in front of me. I had a blue marker in my right hand as I started to mark a day for this month.

April 23rd

I drew a small bottle of pills next to the number and hung the calendar on my wall. I mean, im alone after all, right? No one would care if I died since I'm.. always... alone..

you're alone kokichi, and you always will be.

Tears threatened to fall out of my eyes but I wiped them away with my hand. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the door, I panicked and pulled one of the calender's pages over the current page.

I rushed to the door and calmed myself down for a brief second before opening it. There stood Shuichi.

Thoughts of him and Kaito hanging out earlier today flashed through my mind but I pushed them back.

"Hey Saihara-Chan! What's up?" He looked a bit confused but I ignored it, not knowing his intentions.

"Uh, Hey Kokichi. Me and Kaede are back so do you wanna hang out or something-?" My heart fluttered. "Yeah of course Shuichi!" I beamed.

Time skip

It was now nighttime as me and Shuichi were walking down the dorm halls. We actually spent some good time together, which didn't help the fact that I had a crush on him. We reached his dorm and I felt my heart sting, not wanting to leave.

"Bye Saihara~~! Wanna hang out again tomorrow?" I asked, trying to keep us in contact, I didn't want our new friendship to be broken so quickly.

"uhm, sorry Kokichi, I have plans tomorrow. Maybe another day?" I felt my heart shatter as he said that. "Yeah of course! Ok bye you dumb detective!" I laughed at my own joke before walking off to my own dorm.

As I layed down on my bed, I felt a bunch of guilt flood in. why did I call Shuichi dumb. he isn't dumb. I hate myself. why do I express my affection through being rude? whats wrong with me..

I just layed there, tears rolling down my cheeks. I wanted to go back to Shuichi. I pondered going over to his dorm, and soon enough, I was getting dressed to go over an hour later.

I walked down the hall, feeling bad about bothering him this late. I stood in front of his door for a few seconds before finally lifting my arm to knock.