Chapter 26 - Blood Stain

(this is another mini chapter where shuichi is investigating stuff)

Shuichi's POV

I was back at my desk. Again. Looming over the journal infront of me, specifically the one I kept all my studies of Kokichi in. I was thinking about what I could investigate now, since I had finished noting down everything I saw today at Kokichi's birthday party.

Suddenly, something that I had long forgotten about popped into my mind again. The blood stain on Kokichi's carpet... it was something that I had seen a very long time ago and had just remembered now, but I think it could still be considered important, right?

It raised a lot of questions in my mind, I wondered if it was still there. what if I went over and checked..? I thought. It didn't sound too hard since I did still have a key to his dorm from the time I had to break into his room and get the gun from him.

I opened up a nearby drawer that was to the left and retrieved the key from it. Shivers trickled down my spine as my mind was showered with questions about the blood stain. Well, no going back now... I thought to myself, as I had already gotten up and placed my hand on the doorknob.

When I got to Kokichi's dorm, which was a very short walk, I inserted the key into the keyhole and pushed the door open as quietly as I could, not wanting to wake Kokichi knowing it would probably alarm him.

I began scanning the floor, keeping an eye out for the blood stain. I wouldn't be surprised if he cleaned it out of the carpet, since Kokichi was usually a very tidy person. I kept looking and looking until- Aha! Found it!

I pulled out my phone and took a photo of the small drop if dried blood, but as I pressed the button to take a picture, the flash turned on...

Shit shit shit! I could feel my heart plummet when I heard Kokichi get up from his bed. Quick quick HIDE! I threw myself behind the couch that I was closest to. I watched Kokichi stare at the blood stain for a good 6 seconds before sighing and going back into his room.

He seemed to look at the stain for quite some time.. it probably brings back memories to when he would cut.. poor Kokichi.. I began to crawl towards the door, ducking past each ray of light.

When I got back to my own dorm, I checked the photo I had taken and examinined it. The stain looked lighter, I assumed it was from Kokichi's attempt at cleaning it out.

But the real focus of this was the fact that it was very obviously Kokichi's blood, and that it was most likely from him self harming. I wonder what would happen if I brought it up tomorrow..

Maybe I could play it off as simply pretending I noticed the obvious pink droplet of blood. I mean, it wasn't hard to miss, all you had to do was look down at the carpet and it was easy to see.

I'll just pretend to notice it tomorrow, hopefully it doesn't startle Kokichi *too* much.

544 words, yes this is a short chapter but it's not supposed to be a long one anyway sooo yejwgwnshwksgxzn