Chapter 17 - Apologizing

Shuichi's POV

As the bell rung, indicating everyone could go to their next class. I grabbed my stuff, but as I was gathering all of it, my mind wandered to Kokichi.

I couldn't stop thinking about him as I walked to my science lesson. I sighed. Ok, i guess ill apologize if I see him. As I walked through the halls, I purposely tried to find Kokichi.

He wasn't in my last class, so maybe he was skipping or getting beaten up again. I started to sprint to the bathroom, desperate to find him.

But he wasn't there..

I sighed in defeat and decided to just go to my next class. I really was pondering where he could be, the school was so big, there's no way I'd be able to find him.

Wait.. what if he's not even in the school?

Meanwhile with Kaito and Kokichi

Kokichi's POV

Panic washed over me as I realized I had just vomited. It took me a while to recognize what Kaito had just asked me.

I panicked and struggled to make up an excuse, but I already knew it was useless to try and tell Kaito a lie. He already knows.

"Hey, you gonna answer or just stand there..?" He asked. Usually people say that sentence to me in a rude tone, but when he said he sounded worried.

I looked up from the ground and looked at Kaito. I could tell from his expression he already knew why I vomited.

"Kaito.." At the sound of his name he tilted his head like a confused puppy, waiting for what I was gonna say.

"I'm.. I'm just gonna go home.. here, this should make up for me existing." I handed him $10 and said that last part as a joke, but since Kaito is pretty dumb he probably thought I was being serious.

And if we're being honest, I partly was.

I started walking off, heading in the direction of the dorms. Kaito didn't say anything, which I silently applauded him for because I really just didn't wanna talk to anyone at the moment.

I cried the whole way back to my dorm.

Kaito's POV

As Kokichi left, chaos was occurring in my mind. Do I run after him? What if he tries to kill himself? He was going to commit before I knocked on his door.. Should I tell Shuichi what happened?

These thoughts left me puzzled. I honestly just didn't know what to do at all. I looked at the money in my hands and sighed. I shouldn't have forced him to eat.. that was probably my biggest mistake.

I got back in my car and returned to the dorms, questions still remained racing through my head as I drove.

Shuichi's POV

After not being able to find Kokichi at the end of school, I just decided to go back to my 'home' in frustration.

But despite the sun setting and it becoming dark out, I developed the sudden urge to start studying Kokichi's emotions to try and understand him better.

For some reason, I agreed to my own suggestion, and when I got to my dorm pulled out a piece of paper, sat at my desk, and began writing.

I jumped awake at the sound of my alarm clock. My hand rushed to turn it off and press the button. When the annoying repeating sound finally stopped, I looked down at my desk, which I had fallen asleep on last night.