Chapter 19 - Unorganized Belongings?

(Quick A/N: By the way Shuichi's pregame personality makes a slight appearance in this chapter, its not his fanon self but like kinda at the same time?? i don't know you'll just have to read to see what I mean bc idk how to explain it-)

Shuichi's POV

As I layed in bed, trying to take a nap in the middle of the day and thinking about what I had just found, my mind wandered to my most recent apology to Kokichi.

It was really.. half-assed if I was being honest. I have no clue how Kokichi thought it was good enough and accepted it, and speaking of which, why did he say sorry too?

I understand that it was because he yelled at me (it wasn't the first time he snapped at me either), but after a while of thinking about what he said it was pretty understandable for him to snap like that.

I mean, who wouldn't? If someone was constantly bullied each day, survived two suicide attempts, survived a killing game-

My thoughts stopped at the memories of the killing game. Having to see my friends' dead bodies right in front of me and never even knowing when the next murder would occur.

Having to accuse my friends of being a criminal, then seeing them get brutally executed when I was somehow right. But its ok now. I'm out of it, out of the killing game. It was all just a simulation and everyone is still alive.

But it still traumatized me and everyone else, and I couldn't stop thinking about how much it probably traumatized Ouma, when he already had mental problems going on too.

Ok, back to Kokichi. If someone like him was bullied everyday non-stop and survived two suicide attempts it would be logical for him to let out his emotions after keeping them in for so long.

And, when I say long, I mean it was going on for quite a while based on the entries in his diary. I felt guilty for going through it.

I knew it was an invade of privacy, so I decided to stop reading it mid way. But a feeling deep down in my stomach kept telling me it was a mistake.. that I should've kept reading.

I shook it off and thought it was just my curiosity trying to get the best of me. I shut my eyes tighter in an attempt to fall asleep faster.

My anxiety had gotten much worse since reading Kokichi's diary, I wanted him to come back from school and ask how it went. I wanted to make sure everything went well. I didn't want him going to school without me anymore. I needed to protect him..

Kokichi's POV

"Gh-!" I struggled against Maki's grip on my throat, the kids around us yelling "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" as if we were in some sort of arena.

Maki tightened her fist, my face turning a threatening shade of purple as I let out strained groans of agony. I tried to speak but couldn't, she kept choking me harder and harder as if her life depended on it.

I closed my eyes, just letting her take my consciousness. As I felt myself become limp, I heard someone shout my name before I passed out, too light headed to identify the voice.

I woke up in the nurse's office. I sat up, panicking and frantically looking around to see where I was before I realized Kaito was next to me, seated in a chair but peacefully sleeping.

I glanced at the clock above the door, it was 2:38pm, which meant school was already over. I wondered if Shuichi was thinking about where I was right now and why I was so late when coming home.