Chapter 6 - Back To School

Kokichi's Third Person POV

It seemed like yesterday went by so fast but it was really just because Kokichi slept in the whole day after the cafeteria incident. He got up, dreading to go to school. He looked over at the timer, it was only 4am and Kokichi had to be there at 6am.

Just then a nurse barged in and told him to get ready so he could be early. He put on the uniform he wore in the killing game and didn't even bother to eat breakfast.

He left the hospital, passing Shuichi on the way. He noticed Shuichi kept giving him glares, and everytime he did it felt like his eyes were digging holes into his heart. The good thing was that Shuichi wasn't injured from yesterday, so atleast there was that.

When he entered the school, he was already on the verge of a panic attack, so he decided to stop at the bathroom to calm himself down. While he was drinking water to keep himself from vomiting out of anxiety, he heard someone enter the bathroom.

The first thing he noticed about the person was that they had navy blue hair with an ahoge that no one could be mistaken by. ..Shuichi?

Shuichi's POV

I saw Kokichi enter the bathroom, still angry from yesterday. I followed him in. He noticed me pretty quickly and I realized he had been shaking and drinking water.

So he was having a panic attack?? Kokichi? The childish, cocky leader having a panic attack? really? I felt a bit of sympathy for him but then smothered the feeling.

I made contact with his confused and slightly frightened eyes. I put all my might into my right arm as I formed it into a fist. It wasn't hard to make myself angry at him. All I had to do was think of what he did in the killing game and what he said yesterday.

"Are you just going to stand there or-" He cut himself off as he noticed my right arm slowly raising to hit him. I put all my force in as I plummeted my right arm towards him and closed my eyes.

SLAM- CRACK

I felt myself slightly panic when I heard the crack

I felt myself slightly panic when I heard the crack. I slowly opened my eyes and noticed the broken wall. I looked down to see a very panicked Kokichi, I don't think I've ever seen him so scared since he always fakes it.

"S-Shui-" He tried to speak but I picked him up by his scarf and quickly stood him up so I could properly hit him. Before he could even realize I picked him up I swing my arm back again and this time I actually hit him.

He fell to the ground, his right cheek was red. I almost couldn't believe that I did that to him.

Kokichi's POV

Endless thoughts and questions raced through my mind all at once.

Why did he hit me? I didn't do anything to him.. should I kill myself? is this because of Gonta and Miu? Did Kaito tell him to do this? Or maybe Maki? Does Shuichi...... hate... me? EVERYONE HATES ME SO I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF HE DID TOO.

I didn't even realize it, but I was crying. I quickly shot up and without looking up to face Shuichi I just ran out of the bathroom and to my locker. On the way to my locker I wiped away my tears so it seemed like nothing happened, even though my cheek was still red.

I was pretty good at faking my emotions so it was as if I never even went to the bathroom in the first place. Eventually I got to... my locker, it was only the first day of school and everyone had already written stuff all over the door of it. I took a moment to look at all of the wonderful and kind messages my fellow classmates left me.

I hope you kys!

jump off the roof of the school!

go pull a Hannah Baker LOL XOXO

Sometimes I wished I had just choked you to death in the killing game.

For some of the messages, it was easy to tell who said what. Like the one that said they wished they choked me to death was obviously Maki. The one who said I should pull a Hannah Baker was most likely Miu or possibly Hiyoko.

I've never met Hiyoko in person but from what I've heard she's really rude, though I doubt she would write something so vulgar about someone she didn't even know, so I decided to just think it was Miu who wrote it for now.

My eyes were brought to a little drawing of me being hung in the top right corner of my locker door.

"Man if only that happened in real life haha!" I said out loud with a laugh to tease the people around me. As someone was passing by me they pushed me a bit hard.

To keep myself from crying I opened up my locker hoping to just make it stop. I put my bookbag in my locker and headed to class.

A/N: This is the seating chart for all of the classrooms, sorry if its a bit hard to understand.

End of A/N

When I entered the classroom, I felt a bunch of eyes on me at once. If I had to be honest I really just wanted to die right then and there.

I looked over at the teacher and he gave me a slight glare. "Why are you late, Kokichi?" he sternly questioned.
"I got abducted by aliens and had to escape by killing them with their own ray guns!! It was so scary im surprised I even made it out alive!" I jokingly replied in an exaggerated tone.

The teacher rolled his eyes and pointed to a seat between Shuichi and Himiko. "There. Sit." He stated. I gulped down my anxiousness and 'cheerfully' walked over to the seat.

I sat down and took out a small sketchpad. I started to write down different suicide methods I could try. I made sure no one saw what I was writing. All of a sudden I felt someone hit the back of my head, I looked down and saw a crumpled up piece of paper.

I uncrumple the paper to see..

1100 words and ended with a cliffhanger. What do you think is going to be in the paper? Who do you think threw it at him? Also sorry if this is written a bit poorly-