Chapter 1 - The Hospital

Kokichi's POV

I woke up surrounded by white walls. I groaned as I sat up, looking around. wait.. this is a hospital? then that means... it didn't work- I was cut off by a nurse entering my room.
"IS SHUICHI OK? PLEASE TELL ME HE IS!" I yelled. The nurse looked at me in confusion, then her face lit up.
"Yup! he's fine and doing well! Everyone is! And I don't know if this is a good or bad thing, but nobody remembers how you died, its a bit hard to explain. They remember how everyone else did though. Its odd."

My face softened. "Good, that means I don't have to explain to them why I did that..." The nurse looked at me with a sad look. "Well if you'd like, everyone else has already woken up, you could visit Saihara. Whenever you're ready."

"Ok.. thanks.. I'll just.. wait a bit..." I replied, the nurse nodded and left the room. I glanced over at the table next to me and noticed a boxcutter. My boxcutter. The one I used during the killing game. I slowly picked it up.. eyeing the stained blade. Then I noticed, sticking out from under the bed was the box that was labeled 'DO NOT TOUCH!'. I opened it and all my stuff was there. I looked at my sleeve and rolled it up.

I pressed the blade against my arm and slid, I thought of doing more but then hear footsteps approach my room. I quickly rolled down my sleeves and put away the knife and box in a hurry. I saw the door open and there I saw...
Shuichi. Wait, the nurse said he doesn't remember how I died.. so thats good I guess..???

Shuichi looked at me and smiled. He tried walking towards me but I flinched and moved backwards. wait.. why did I do that..?? thats.. new... Shuichi looked just as confused as me, a worried look gazed at me. "Listen.. I'm sorry about what I said to you.. I didn't mean what I had said.."

My heart skipped a beat, does he remember how I died?? but as I was about to say something he says,
"Its a bit odd.. I feel like I remember you dying but I don't know how you died..?"

"Oh, well I did die, but im leaving it up to you to find out what happened!" I replied. He looked at me a bit annoyed, before turning around and saying, "I'm gonna go check on the others, see you later Ouma."
My heart shattered. did I make him mad....? As he left I got out my boxcutter again and cut over and over until I felt satisfied.

Shuichi's POV

Kokichi's acting a bit off.. like something happened in the killing game. He did say he died.. but refuses to tell me how. As I pondered Kokichi's death, I stopped infront of Kaito's room. I knocked, hearing him reply with "Come in!" before I entered. Kaito was cheerfully sitting on his bed, relieved to see me.
"Hey sidekick!" he smiled.

"Hey Kaito, do you remember how Kokichi died?" He looked confused as I said that. "I remember him dying but I don't know how, sorry." I sighed.
"Its ok, I'm a bit worried about Kokichi since he flinched when I tried to walk towards hi-" I got cut off by Kaito angrily shouting. "Don't worry about that idiot! He caused so much trouble in the killing game!" I tried my hardest not to raise my voice and changed the subject. "A-anyway.. we leave this hospital in 2 days to attend the real Hope's Peak Academy. I'm gonna go check on the others, especially Kaede."

My heart fluttered as I said her name. I couldn't wait to see her again. "Alright, see ya later sidekick!" He beamed. I nodded and left the room, aiming for Kaede's room.

665 words. Sorry for not updating in a long time! I had slight writers block.