Chapter 33 - The Monster's Back

Demi Lovato - Skyscraper

Justin Bieber – Be Alright

**Kendra’s POV**

**A Month Later**

Everything’s just so different know like in homeroom no one sits in front of me anymore, I have no one to call every night before I go to bed or someone to text “good morning” every morning, I never have plans anymore everything is just so boring.

I really do miss Austin but I know he’s happy with Meredith and I can’t change that even as hard as I try. I’d rather him be happy with someone else then be sad and miserable and sad with me. Plus I don’t need someone to be with to be happy, I can be happy on my own…

Well there’s only one more day till summer break maybe things will change and become fun and live again…

I got up out of bed and got ready for my last day of school till vacation. I put some jean shorts on and a random t-shirt and some flip flops. Today was just so hot outside!...Typical San Antonio weather.

Kylie and I drove to school and went our separate ways to homeroom like always.

“Bye Kylie, have a good day…”

“You too Kenny!” I went to homeroom and sat next to Alex like every other day. Ever since Austin became big and famous Mr. Barrett decided to get a huge poster of him and put it in the front of our classroom because he’s “so proud” of his former student. It was actually really annoying because it always stared at me and wouldn’t stop smiling…

I went to my usual 5 period’s then lunch. Lunch has changed a bit Taylor actually sits with us and became nice and to be honest she really is a nice person when you get to know her. Ever since Austin left she took his seat and I usually talk to her she’s really funny actually.

I went to my last 2 periods and ran out of school happy it was vacation and I wasn’t the only one. There were people yelling throwing papers and everything. Everyone was just so excited to leave and so was I!

Today Taylor and Alex were coming over and we were all just going to chill back and maybe go to the beach.

When we all got to my house Kylie and I noticed that my mom was home, which was really weird because she always gets home from work later on in the day…

We got through the front door and heard a really deep man voice. I just wondered who could be here with my mom… We all walked to the living and there he was. The monster that ruined my life, Kylie’s and my moms, who made our lives a living hell! … That monster was Derek.

“Mom?” Kylie said shaking “why is he here?”

“His jail time is over and he’s staying here.” My eyes went wide how could she let this happen why didn’t she get a restraining order!?

“Well aren’t you going to say hi to me? It’s been a while… Don’t you miss me? Come, come give me hug girls!” He said smiling big.

“I’d rather give away my life, then go over there and hug you.” Kylie sassed.

“You’ll regret saying that later Kylie…” Kylie started breathing faster in fear, I would know because I could hear her breathing more quickly. She ran upstairs and we all followed her to her room.

“Okay so am I missing something?” Taylor said in her soft girly voice.

“It’s a long story Taylor I’ll explain later…” I said.

“I’m not staying the night here I can’t I just can’t be in the same house with that man!” Kylie said pasting back and forth.

“You don’t have to; stay as long as you need with me babe! And you too Kendra… You guys don’t deserve to be tortured anymore than you’ve been in the past.”