Chapter 8 - Opening up

**After School**

**Austin’s POV**

Right when I got out of school I called Kendra none stop but she wouldn’t answer. I saw Kylie waking home

“Hey nerd get in…”

she rolled her eyes got in to passenger side. “Thanks Austin”

“no problem…um hey are your parents home?” I asked so I could go up to Kendra’s room and talk to her.

“No they’re working why?”

“I need to talk to Kenny it’s important” I said quickly “is everything okay?” she asked concerned “I hope so…”

We pulled up to the drive way and I parked and ran to the door and realized Kylie had the key not me. “Rushing I see!”

“Sorry ha” as I walked inside confused in where to go because I’ve never been here before.

“Where Kendra’s room!?!?!?” I asked impatiently “Up stairs third door on the left.” “Thanks Ky!!!!!”

I knocked on the door and Kendra called out “Kylie its open just come in.”

I opened the door she was sitting on her bed wearing baggy sweatpants from PINK in just a sports bra. “What are you doing here Austin!?” she looked down and realized she wasn’t wearing a shirt “OH MY GOD” she ran in her closet and ran out wearing a white t-shirt.

“Why are you trying to avoid me Kendra?”

“I’m not” she replied saying the worst lie yet.

“Then why weren’t you at school today?”

“Because I wasn’t woke up late and I didn’t feel too good.”

“Kendra please be honest with me…” she looked down “fine” she sat down and pat the bed gesturing in the sit next to her.

“Okay it started off 2 years ago when I met my ex boyfriend Mason I was in 7th grade and he was in 9th. Yeah he was older but at the time it felt right he made me think he actually cared for me and loved me when really he didn’t. About 6 months into the relationship Mason forced me to have sex with him…”

At this point she began to cry and held her hand.

“…I really didn’t want to but he made me. It got worse when he started beating me for doing something he thought was wrong or if I bought or wore clothes he didn’t approve of or hangout with the wrong people.”

“Why didn’t you tell anyone or get help?”

“I was scared if he found out I told anyone he would hurt me even worse then he already has. My mom and Kylie just thought the bruises were from bullies or me being clumsy and falling over or something stupid. He took over my life for 2 years I stayed with him because told me it was love, so I made myself believe I loved him when really I hated him.”

She began to cry even harder I hugged her and she sobbed in my chest.

“…But there’s more… August 9th almost the end of summer vacation Mason was going to force me to have sex with him again he ripped off my clothing leaving me in my bra and underwear but I didn’t want to so I told him no and he got angry and beat me but that time was different I tried to defend myself. I ended up trying to run away from him and I did I ran home I explained to my mom she called the cops and got me clothing. He got arrest and community service. When his jail time was over we moved. Now I’m here…”

“Kendra I’m so sorry…”

“It’s fine”

“No, no it’s not! Look at you your torn part! Kenny look at me...” She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

“I want to know I’m always here for you if you need someone to talk to or listen or ANYTHING you can trust me.” I kissed her for head and wrapped her in my arms.

“Thank you Austin I appreciate it.”

“Anytime beautiful.”

We spent the rest of the night together talking about random stuff and also stuff about our personal lives and even watched a movie. After tonight we got really close as friend but I hope soon it can be more…