Chapter 10 - Bad Situations

**Kendra’s POV**

The expressions on my moms and Derek’s face were priceless, I could tell they were mad. “Austin I think you should go…” I whispered.

“Um yeah it’s getting late…” he replied.

“Have a good night son” Derek said in a really serious and mad voice. I honestly don’t know why he cares if I talk to Austin, I sure don’t care about him.

“I’ll walk you out.” We went outside and talked for a little.

“Sooo…I’m your boyfriend huhh?” He smirked “well what if I don’t want to be your boyfriend? Hmm?”

“Stop being a jerk” I giggled and he brought me closer and held my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck it was perfect. I haven’t gotten the butterflies in my stomach in so long I missed the feeling and I loved the fact that they were for Austin.

“So you’re my girlfriend and I’m your boyfriend? ...I like the sound of that.” He smiled and went into kiss me. I was nerves…but this time I didn’t hold back. It was gentle soft and just amazing.

“I’ll call you tomorrow morning, goodnight beautiful!”

“Goodnight Austin.”

I walked inside feeling all bubbly, until I saw my mom and Derek staring at me. At this point I knew they were mad and I was going to get in trouble. “Go to your room NOW!” Mom said.

I went to my room, and sat on my bed and look down at my hands. I was shocked in what had happened today. My door opened I looked up and saw Derek “oh what are you doing here?”

“I’m disappointed in you Kendra.”

“Why do you care you’re not my father and will never be, Derek to be honest you’re just a poor excuse of a man, I still can’t believe my mother married you.”

“Shut up Kendra say sorry now.” He said in a deep creepy voice.

“No.” suddenly I felt his hand connect with my face, he slapped me. I started to cry.

“YOU DON”T TELL NOBODY ABOUT THIS YOU HEAR!?” He barged out of my room. All I could do is cry.

All night Mom and Derek argued about I don’t know what but I knew it was my fault, it made me feel horrible, I even cried a bit. I started to here banging and bumping and my mom yelling. At this point I knew he had hit her a couple times and it’ wasn’t the first. Suddenly all the noise had stopped and I cried myself to asleep.

**Next Morning**

I woke up to my phone vibrating I had a text from Austin saying “Good morning! I’ll drive you and Ky to school today :]”

“Good morning Austin and okay sounds good :)”

“Be there at 6:30!”

I began to get ready I showered and brushed my teeth. I walked to my closet and pick out gray jeans, a lace white shirt with a black bandoo top under it, with sandals and some accessories with my hair down straight.

I got a text from Austin saying he got me munchkins and iced coffee and Alex got Kylie a bagel and hot chocolate.

Kylie came down stairs wearing gray sweat pants and a white shirt, with cool greys and a messy bun.

Austin came and beeped, we walked out and hoped in the back seat. “Hey guys!” me and Kylie said.

“Hey baby, hey Kyky” I leaned over the seat and kissed Austin on the lips softly.

“Whoa whoa whoa! You two are going out?”

“You haven’t told him?”

“No not yet haha started yesterday!”

“AWWWW HOW CUTE MY LITTLE BOY GROWING UP!” everyone laughed.

“Shut up ‘m not a little boy I’m a man!” I couldn’t help but laugh even more. “Whatever you guys don’t appreciate my manliness…”

“No baby I do i‘m sorry for laughing!”

“Nope I don’t accept it” I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

“Fine but you’ll have to do better later when I’m not driving…” I playfully punched his arm and giggled.

We came up to a red light and suddenly Alex yelled “CHINESE FIREDRILL!” we all ran out of the car and ran laps around the car until the light change to green again. We started driving like nothing even happened it was pretty fun actually!

We got to school and Austin held my hand and we walked inside it was pretty perfect until Taylor stopped us in the hallway and called me a bitch and pushed me, I pushed her back and told her to leave us alone. We were yelling at each other while Alex held her back and Austin held me back.

“Baby STOP! Please stop, don’t scoop to her level she’s not worth it!”

“I’m sorry Austin” I kissed him quickly when suddenly the bitch spit on me and called me a whore for going out with her man. At that point I lost it and charged at her. I jumped on top of her and started punching her until Austin and Alex helped the principal break it up. “You two in my office now!”