Chapter 34 - Runaway....

Ludacris ft. Mary J. Blige – Runaway Love

One Direction – Over Again

**Kendra's POV**

**2 Weeks Later**

**Monday Night**

These past two weeks I haven't been staying at Alex's house or Taylor's house, I've been staying under the same roof as Derek and my mother. It's pretty much has been a living hell. I convinced Kylie and Alex that Derek hasn't abuse me or my mom but that was a lie they believed. I haven't seen them ever since the last time I slept at Alex's house which was two weeks ago so they haven't seen my bruises and marks that Derek has left me. I also haven't spoken to Taylor that much lately; things have just been awkward between us ever since she found out Derek beat me.

I pretty much stay in my room all day and waited for my daily abuse from Derek. I want to get my mom and I help but I'm too scared to, what if Derek finds out I'm trying to rat him out to the police again...He'd literally kill me.

I know I should have learned from when this happened last time but it's just so hard.

I try to talk to Kylie over the phone everyday so she thinks I'm fine but today I got my phone taken away from Derek for no reason, so right now I'm just praying that she doesn't call.

Lately I've been sneaking out at night and taken walks because I can't stand to hear the shouts and cries from my mother. I want to help her but I know I can't because I can't even help myself...

"Derek, please not again!" I heard come from down stairs. It's happening it's again... I put on my head phones and blasted my ipod listening the One Direction and Justin Bieber. The cries got louder and louder I could hear them through my head phones. Suddenly I heard my mom yell "NO DON'T GO UP THERE LEAVE KENNY ALONE DEREK!" I know for fact that it was going to be my turn.

I didn't want this beating, I didn't want any of them but this time was different I ran out my room and swerved around Derek before he could catch me. "Where the hell do you think you're going Kendra!?!?" Derek said running after me. I stormed out the front door and bolted down the street. I didn’t know where to go if I go to Alex’s him and Kylie will know about the abuse and I can’t go to Taylor’s because her house is in the other direction…

I went to the park and hid under the tunnel hoping Derek wouldn’t catch me. I laid back and I knew tonight this is where I would be staying.

**Next Morning**

I woke up in the tunnel, wishing last night had been a dream that everything that has happened up till the day Austin left me had been a dream but it wasn’t right now I’m living reality.

I got out from under the tunnel and kids and there moms just stared at me. I walked to the lake and sat on a rock looked at the view. I didn’t know if I should go home or stay the night somewhere else or return under the tunnel.

So I headed to Alex’s house, I hoped a couple of fences because Alex’s house was really far from here. I knocked on Alex’s door and no answered so I started to ring the door bell nonstop. Alex opened up the door and I attacked him in a hug and just cried on his chest.

“Kendra what’s wrong what happened!?” Alex pulled away from my tight grasp and looked at my face, then arms, then legs. His eyes went wide and his mouth dropped. Wish I could have changed into long pants and a sweatshirt but of course I didn’t have time for that so I had to stay in my pjs (shorts and a t-shirt with socks.) “You said he changed and he wasn’t beating you Kendra? Why didn’t tell the truth?”