Chapter 6 - Catching Feelings

**Kendra's POV**

Did that really just happen?! Did Austin just try to kiss me out of everyone on this PLANET he tries to kiss me...WHY?! I personally didn't think I was pretty Mason always made me feel ugly and fat... He would always make me feel like I wasn’t good enough... He always painted a picture in my mind that I should look like what society wants teenage girls to look like, and I believed it. I always wanted to talk to someone and know they’re really listening. I wanted someone I could trust but it’s so hard to let my guard down, I guess that’s why back home I only had one friend which was my best friend Selena. I really missed her.

 Kylie barged into my room jumping on top of me to tell her what had happened with Austin today. I told her everything even what had happened when he tried to kiss me… “WHY DIDN’T YOU KISS HIM BACK ITS AUSTIN MAHONE! REMEMBER THE KID WHO’S BEST FRIENDS WITH ALEX, THE BOYS FROM YOUTUBE! YOU’RE CRAZY GIRL!”

“Calm down and yeah he’s amazing and everything but I’m just not ready for it…”

“Ready for what?”

“Nothing you won’t get it.”

“Just tell me Kendra”

“No it’s whatever goodnight.” She rolled her eyes and left without saying a word back.

 **Next Day, Saturday**

“Wake up sleepy head!” Kylie said waking me up.

“Why are you waking me up?”

“Helllllooooo today we’re hanging out with Alex and Austin do you not remember!?”

“Oh um yeah where are we going?”

“I have no clue Alex and Austin just said it will be fun” I got out of bed and began to get ready. Since today was chilly out, I put on leggings, a white tank top, leather jacket, blue scarf with white sculls on it and black combat boots with my hair down curled. As soon as I finished getting ready I helped Ky pick out an outfit. She was wearing high wasted jeans, a black loose long sleeve shirt with gold sequence on it that was cropped so you could kind of see her stomach, and black combat boots with her hair down straight. [Picture of outfits on the side] As soon as we were ready we went down stairs and waited for the boys to arrive. I was nervous that things would be awkward with me and Austin today. He didn’t text me goodnight last night or good morning today like he always did.

The boys picked us up and they looked really good well they always do. Austin was wearing jeans, a gray sweatshirt that had the word “OBEY” in red on it with white jordans and red laces. Alex was wearing something similar jeans, jordans and a sweatshirt that said Hollister.

We went out for breakfast at iHop. It was a lot of fun actually not awkward at all. I sat next to Austin, Alex and Kyky were on the other side of the table from us. Austin and I even held hands under the table. I got a pancake with strawberries same as Kylie. Austin and Alex got a lot of pancakes with eggs and bacon and smeared it in maple syrup.

 The second place they took us was an ice skating rink. I was a little scared at the fact that I didn’t know how to ice skate and would make myself look completely stupid falling on my bum. We got our skates put them on and was ready to go. I whispered in Austin’s ear, “I don’t know how to ice skate…”

“I’ll help you” while he said that he grabbed my hand.

Kylie thought she was all that and went first and fell on her butt. Alex tried not to laugh but Austin and I died laughing. Alex went and helped her and Austin grabbed both my hands with him in front facing me helping me skate it was actually easier than I thought. Austin let go and I skated on my own, “oh look Kenny’s now professional at skating!”

“Haha real funny” as I said as I almost fell back until Austin caught me and whispered in my ear “I will catch you if you fall” I wasn’t just falling on my butt, think I was falling for Austin! …We all skated together for longer, Austin and Alex even fell! It was pretty funny.

“Hey can we talk?” Austin asked.

“Yeah sure.” We got off the ice rink and sat down on a bench. “So what do you want to talk about?”

“Last night, why did you pull away when I went to kiss you?” I didn’t know what to say… “Was it something I did? Did I smell weird?”

I giggled and looked at him “No you did nothing wrong and you didn’t smell weird!”

“Then what was it? I know it’s really quick bu-”

I cut him off “Yes exactly it is really quick we should just stay frie-”

“I like you a lot Kendra I want to be more than just friends!” I couldn’t believe the words that came out of his mouth, I was in shock. “I’m sorry was that too much? I shouldn’t have said anything sorry.” He began to get up when I stopped him.

“No stop, Austin I like you too it’s just I can’t…”

“Wait, do you have a boyfriend I don’t know about?”

“No, no! You just don’t get it”

“Get what?” Mason popped into my head do I really want to tell Austin about my abusive ex boyfriend Mason?