Chapter 1 - Trent

**I DON'T OWN ANY PICTURES OR GIFS**

"Trent..."

Clarissa's soft voice whispered in my ear as her petite frame was trapped between my towering build and the wall. Her legs were wrapped around my waist and her fingers were running through my freshly washed curls. The smell of lavender clung to her moist, cinnamon brown skin, and it drove me insane. A towel shielded her curves, but that didn't stop my growing girth from poking her in her stomach. She moaned as I nudged her head to the side and sensuously licked and kissed down her neck.

"Mmmmm...Trent...mark me. Please..."

Her plea for me to mark her turned me on in the craziest way but, as usual, my wolf was not trying to hear it. The more her essence filled my nostrils, the more he fled. Although I wanted so badly to make Clarissa my mate, my wolf was absolutely against it, and has been for about a year now. My member grew soft, and the look I gave was solemn as I gave her a tender kiss. As I walked over to the bed and laid Clarissa down, her face showed her confusion and disappointment.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?"

The concern in her voice made me fall deeper in love with her, but my wolf was still in hiding. She scooched closer to the edge of the bed while holding her towel and patted for me to sit beside her. She could always tell when something in me wasn't right, which is why I'm not understanding why my wolf isn't responding to her. I sat next to her on the bed, and she soon began to run her fingers through my curls and place kisses on my neck.

"Talk to me. Please, talk to me."

The need in her voice made me want to bite her and claim her as MINE, but my wolf instincts were still nowhere to be found.

"I—uh--I think I should go back to my room. Sleep well, my love."

I kissed her temple as I got up to leave the room. When I turned the doorknob, I glanced back and saw the hurt in her eyes. As much as I wanted to stay, my spirit nor my wolf would allow it. While walking back to my suite, I unexpectedly felt my soul stir like a large bell. I ran to the nearest window and glanced at the moon. An unfamiliar feeling washed over me, and I couldn't help but sit at the bay window and stare out. I was beginning to feel like I would never find my mate.

"What's wrong, big bro? Your evening didn't go as planned?" Duke, my cocky ass little brother, loved to sneak up on people.

"What are you talking about, jackass?"

As much as I loved my little brother, everything was a competition for him. Even as a pup, he always tried his hardest to come out on top. We had made a bet that whoever claimed his mate and the title of Alpha first, had to give the other bragging rights for being the better wolf. I was beginning to think that he was going to win because he was the ladies' man. I could barely kiss Clarissa without my wolf retreating.

"Well, it's after midnight and you're just sitting here instead of trying to go mate with that stunning woman in that suite. Shiiit, I'd be claiming the HELL outta her ass!!!"

He knew what to say to make me furious. At the sound of Duke's disrespectful remarks about Clarissa, my wolf delivered a low warning growl.

"Down boy!! Down!!! I'm just playing, big bro, damn!!!" He threw his hands up in defense, but his laughter was replaced by concern as he noticed that I wasn't in a laughing mood.

"Seriously, no bullshit, what's up with you? Why are you out here?"

"My wolf dragged me from Clarissa's suite. I was just about to mark her and then he just retreated." I placed my hands on my head because I was confused.

"Well, sounds to me that she isn't the one, bruh. The search continues." He patted me on the back and continued down to his suite.

As much as I did not want to admit it, Duke was right. Clarissa wasn't my mate...

I hope you are enjoying it so far!! Stay tuned for more.... :):)