Chapter 6 - Trent

**THX FOR THE SUPPORT!!**

After the talk with my father, I was determined to find Jehlani, but all I was able to do was park my car at the mall and sit there. I had a lot of thoughts swirling through my mind but none of them were able to top the thought of Jehlani. I glanced at my leather band Movado watch and saw that it was nearly five. I pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket to see if I had any missed calls or texts, which I didn't, and strangely, not even from Clarissa. Everyone was in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, I seemed to be the only one in slow motion. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the image of Jehlani's pleasure-stricken face out of my mind. I glanced at my phone again just in case I missed a text but was deflated. After sitting for another hour or so, I decided to tuck my tail and go home.

I was beyond frustrated once I made it home, and my wolf wanted to break free. After I expertly backed my car into one of the garages, I immediately got out and started stripping. Once I was completely nude, I closed my eyes and imagined Jehlani with a heartwarming smile on her face. I looked down at my skin and saw it being replaced with my black fur. I fell to my hands and knees and allowed my transformation to complete itself. I howled at the waxing crescent moon and took off towards the nearby forest. I ran as fast and far as I could while fleeting images of Jehlani continued to flash through my mind. The farther I ran, the more I became convinced that she was my mate.

"We must find mate..." growled Amir loudly. After finally finding our mate, nothing else mattered to him but her.

I appeared from the brush of the forest in full human form, the cold chilled my skin but the thought of Jehlani kept me warm. I slowly walked up to the garage and began to put my clothes back on. I glanced down at my phone and saw that it was now close to ten. I dragged myself back into the house and ran into my mother in the kitchen sitting at the large island reading a book.

"Hello son. How's my wonderful first-born?" She looked up from what she was reading and smiled at me. I walked up, wrapped my arm around her, and placed a loving kiss on her cheek.

"I'm fine, Mama. How are you?"

I knew she could sense something was wrong because she earmarked her book and patted on the barstool beside her signaling me to take a seat.

"I'm wonderful. I talked to your father earlier, and he tells me that you've finally found your mate." Mama said while smiling from ear to ear.

Pillow talk was something I desired to have between me and my mate. The bond that my parents share is beyond what love is. My mother was born on a full moon, and on the night of her birth, she was visited by the Moon Goddess and blessed with the gift of protection, the most honorable charm that only a true Luna can possess. What was so beguiling was that neither of my mother's parents were pure-blood, but Afeni BraveHeart is one hundred percent pure she-wolf, and no one can convince her of anything different.

"Yea, I just met her, but Amir is damn sure that it's her. Everything about her just feels....so right. You know what I mean, Mama?"

"Yes, I do. The day I met your father... Let's just say, it was the most sensational time of my life. What if I were to tell you that all of this was meant to happen?" She had taken her glasses off and placed them on top of the book, then turned to face me with all seriousness on her face. I sat up because she fully had my attention. I looked at her like she was mad and had no choice but to laugh with her when she returned the look I gave her.

"Ma, what are you talking about?"

"All I'm allowed to say is, she is the one." Mama kissed me on my forehead, then she grabbed her items and left me sitting there in confusion. I slowly stood and headed toward my suite.