Chapter 16 - Clarissa

**THX FOR READING & THX FOR THE SUPPORT!!!**

I woke up feeling like a million-dollar bill if one were to ever exist. I rolled over in the soft bed and was greeted by a tray of food with a cute note. The pancakes were golden brown and shaped into little hearts, and the eggs were fluffy, like clouds; it warmed my heart to know that I was worth all this trouble. I picked up the note and giggled at Duke's warm words:

There's nothing that I wouldn't do for you. You've made me a happy man, and I will spend the rest of my life returning the favor. I stepped out to set up a day of relaxation for you, and I will return at noon, so be dressed and ready. I know you will fuss, but I left a few gifts in the living room for you to drool over. I love you....

I hopped up from the bed and ran to the living room, where I was greeted by three small boxes and another big box. I just could not take any more gifts but seeing how I never grew up with the finer things in life, there was no way I could deny my mate's sweet gestures. I tore through the packages and fell in love with the dress, shoes, and jewelry. If he was attempting to spoil me, it was damn sure working. The yellow dress looked so good on my skin as I tried it on, and the yellow gold diamond teardrop necklace was to die for. He also bought me a freaking solid gold Rolex, and he was right, I was fussing.

I twirled around in excitement as I checked out my reflection in the stained floor-length mirror and was still in disbelief that all this was happening to me. Then out of nowhere, I got this splitting headache and my ears started to ring. The ringing was then replaced with a woman's screams, but I didn't know if they belonged to me or not. I fell to my knees and put my hands over my ears because the noise was beyond unbearable. I suddenly felt fear, a feeling that I hadn't felt in a long time. I knew there was only one person that could put that type of fear in me, and my worst nightmares were granted.

"Well, well, well.... Looks like you got it made in here, Rissi."

My eyes shot open at the sound of Camden's voice, and the sight of him placed me in the depths of terror. I jumped up quickly and put my back to the wall because I learned a long time ago to never turn my back on this asshole. I got into defense mode, and my wolf instincts almost overwhelmed me; I was ready for anything.

"What the fuck are you doing here?! I thought you were dead!"

"Ouch! Now, why do you have to say such mean things?"

He walked up to me and violently wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me close. Before I could protest, he leaned in for what I thought was a kiss, but instead, he inhaled my scent and exhaled loudly.

"You still looking as good as ever, Rissi. Mmph, if only you would've stayed, I would've given you all this and so much more."

I managed to push him away and proceeded to wipe his filthy pawprints off my new dress. He laughed boisterously at the sight.

"You thought I was just going to let you get away from me? Huh?? I found you when the humans almost killed you, then raised you to be the fiercest, deadliest, most feared she-wolf of all time. Yet, when I asked you to marry me, you turned me down. YOU TURNED CAMDEN DOWN!!!!!!!!" His voice roared throughout the apartment, making me jump, but I held my ground.

"Now look at you, done snagged a billionaire's son. Brava!!!" He clapped his hands in mockery, then began to circle me to check me out.

"How do you know my business?? How did you even get in here???? You will NOT mess this up for me!!!"

"Damn girl! Still a firecracker. Still fine, too. Even convinced him to give you a phat ass ring. Don't worry about how I know, just know that I'm impressed." He said while grabbing my hand and eyeballing my engagement ring. I snatched it back as he attempted to kiss it and he laughed. He walked up and towered over me like a bleak shadow and whispered harshly in my ear.