Epilogue - Jehlani

Four months later....

I was standing in my chambers looking out the window at Trent and Duke finishing up their training of the new hunters when I felt a sharp little kick in my ribcage.

"Ooooh!! Ouch!!!" I grabbed my swollen belly and my maiden, Kyla, quickly ran to my side.

"Are you alright, Luna Nafisa?? Shall I fetch Alpha Amir??" She was almost out the door before I found my voice to stop her.

"No, no, Kyla!! I'm fine, it was just one of the triplets waking up, that's all. No need bothering Amir, I'm fine." She looked at me skeptically, and I reassured her I was fine.

"If you say so, Luna Nafisa. May I at least make you some tea? It's a new blend that Iyalawo wants you to try. It's jasmine and chamomile, helps to keep the little ones settled." I nodded with approval, and Kyla helped me to my seat, then ran off to make her concoction.

I was only four months, but I was very pregnant with three hyperactive Alpha pups. I was swollen all over and my senses were dormant, but I was happy. I sat in one of the wingback chairs that Drake left us as an early wedding present and rubbed my swollen belly while I pondered on everything that got me to this point in my life.

There was a lingering feeling of devastation that haunted the halls of BraveHeart Manor as we tried to move on and grieve in peace. The great Alpha's final wishes were to lay in state for a week, then he and Quinton were to be buried with the former Alphas of BraveHeart in the hills of Ogboju. Once everyone in America got a chance to say their good-byes to the humble leader, the remains of Quinton and Alpha Drake were immediately jetted to Yorubaland, and we, his loyal subjects, followed in mourning. Although the former Oba's state funeral was just as grand as he wished, it was still an incredibly melancholy occasion.

Sadness swept over the coliseum as everyone said their last goodbyes to their chief, leader, and friend. I still couldn't believe that all this was happening, but what I truly couldn't understand was the magic that Thema used to break my force field. I had never seen anything like it, and Nana was just as confused as I was. As I passed by Alpha Drake's body and got my last look of him, I touched his hand, and a vision came to me out of nowhere. I saw Omer and Oren, both in the spirit world, and they were making amends. They were hugging each other tightly and crying tears of joy. A tear fell from my eye, and I rested my hand on my stomach as I felt my babies' auras pulse through me. I didn't tell anyone of the vision because the nightmare was far from over. I was brought back to reality by Trent's worrying voice.

"Oyin, are you okay? I felt your aura get clouded. Is something wrong with the children?" He gave me a sweet peck, then fell to his knees and laid his head on my belly.

"No, everything is fine. Just a little kicking. We missed you." He rubbed my belly in circular motions and began his daily conversation with the triplets.

"Listen up, you three rascals. Your mother still has to fit in a sexy wedding dress and marry your old man, so be gentle with the insides." We shared a laugh, then Trent continued talking to the babies, but he spoke in Yorubic so that I couldn't understand what he was saying.

Since the night after the Luna Moon, I haven't been able to cast a spell or shift, and the she-wolves were significantly drawn to me. Trent kept saying that since I was in the nesting stage, they would give me more attention than normal. Especially since I was having three whole Alpha pups, which has been unheard of. The "Pride of BraveHeart" is what everyone was calling them.

"You are so beautiful when you're in deep thought. I can't wait to marry you, oyin."

"Well, in exactly one month, you shall wait no longer." He got up and sat in the chair beside me, then took my hand in his. I could feel his lingering pain, and I also felt that he was still furious. He smiled at me faintly, then his gaze went towards the picturesque view of Afeni's garden and the new coliseum that was being built in Alpha Drake and Quinton's honor.