Chapter 14 - Duke

My heart was beating erratically as I slid the key into the lock. My mate was on the other side of the door, and I was confident that she was going to accept my proposal. I walked in and saw the packages that I ordered from the Wolves' Den in front of the couch. I giggled to myself because I thought she was going to tear into those boxes as soon as she saw them, but I guess I was wrong about her. She was proving to me, every moment, that she was nothing like the other women I've dealt with, and that's what is most attractive about her.

Although I still had some questions to ask her about her background, I was willing to spend a lifetime learning, loving, and protecting her. I crossed over to the balcony and saw her bundled up in a blanket on one of the chaises. I squatted down beside her to gaze upon her lovely face and was even more content with the Goddess for making her mine. I was urged to gently caress her face, and she instantly awoke at my touch. She looked at me and smiled while caressing my face in return, and I made sure to suck on each one of her dainty fingers as she caressed my lips.

"Looks like you've got a secret admirer, huh?"

While she responded, I couldn't help but stare at her lips and feel the familiar sensation of them wrapped around my dick. I shook the images out of my head and picked her sexy little body up from the chaise. I carried her inside and placed her on the couch while I calmed my nerves. She playfully swatted my butt when I walked away, and I let her get me. I headed towards the kitchen to fix us some wine, and while there, I kept replaying what I was going to say over and over again in my head. I've never had one woman, let alone any woman, bring out these types of nerves that were zipping through my body. I also had to remind myself that this was the first time I had proposed to a woman. I didn't know what to say, but my mother told me to follow my heart, so I was going to take her advice.

Once the cork had been popped and the wine had been poured, I headed back into the living room and saw her opening up the laptop and printer. I had spent close to ten thousand bucks for everything, but I was in no mood to worry about a budget. Clarissa deserved the best and I was going to make sure she had it. She had finally gotten down to the last two gifts, and one of them was the ring, but she had one more gift to unwrap before she could get to it. We had just sipped the last of the wine as she began to tear away at the box.

"Oh Duke, it's gorgeous!!! Please put it on me!! Pleeeeeaaaaaase!!!!!"

She moved like a giddy kid in her seat as I placed the delicate diamond tennis bracelet on her wrist; the gold contrasted perfectly with her skin. She looked so charming. When she finally got to the ring box and her face lit up, I shivered. She looked at me and I felt her fire return while I proposed my heart to her. She fell into deep thought, then told me to place the impeccable ring on her finger. As I picked her up to take her to the bedroom, she glared at me as if nothing else mattered.

"Will I ever be able to walk in this impending marriage?" Her lips were so soft and sweet, and her voice was even sweeter.

"Woman, you'll be lucky if I ever let you wear clothes around the house."

I laid her down on the large bed and began to have my way with her. One minute we were kissing, the next thing I knew, she was naked, and I was sucking her soul from her body. As I stood to finish disrobing, Clarissa shifted into her wolf, and it was the most enchanting sight in the world. I sat and stared in her endless hazel-green pools, and as she inched closer to me, I had no other choice but to stroke her fur. The feeling it gave had coerced me into shifting into Ajani. I hopped on the bed, got closer to my mate, and we nuzzled together in the center until sleep found us. It was the most intimate moment that I had ever shared with a woman, I didn't know love could feel like this. Now I know why it's so important to have a mate; a lone wolf is dangerous.