Getting better

*Nick's POV*

(Nick is on the phone)
(N-nick)
(C-captain craven)

N- hi captain

C- hi nick.

N- did u find anything yet?

C- no, but I called the case in and they said that you can't treat her like a victim. You need to be strict. You need to get answers. I don't want you to have to be mean, but you're going to have to be. Get her in here tomorrow.

N- captain, no disrespect or anything, but don't you think, with all she has been through, we need to treat her as the victim. She is the victim!

C- I know, but the way she walked in the precinct, it could had been a set up.

N- she was practically half dead when she was in the precinct.

C- nick, there is nothing that I can do. I'm sorry.

N- no, I'm sorry, but she needs to trust somebody, and she is finally trusting me. You are going to have to have Olivia and Amanda do it. I am finally on her side.

C- oh, okay. Well I will talk to them. Wake her up soon. She need to be ready for tomorrow.

N- okay captain. Bye.

C- oh, and Nick?

N- yes?

C- I call the shots.

(off the phone *stills nicks POV*)

I hung up the phone and walked back to my seat next to her bed. I really need to wake her up to bring her to the precinct now. She looks so peaceful laying there. She hasn't moved in 3 days. Ever since my wife moved away and won't let me see my daughter, I have been down. I feel that Katy might change that. I shook her lightly and she jumped. She stared at me wide eyed and scared.

"Shh. Shh. It okay. I have to take you down to the precinct so that we can talk now, okay?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes and nodded. I took the blanket off her and then helped her up. She sat over the edge of the bed and her legs were dangling over the side. She looked down at her bruised and cut up legs. She closed her eyes. I sat down next to her and put my hand on her back.

"You okay?" I asked her.

"Umm.., yea." She answered as she stood up. She started to walk with a small limp. I helped her into a wheel chair and brought her downstairs to the parking lot. The security guard stopped us on our way out, but I showed him my badge and he let us go. I wheeled her to the car, brought the chair back to the hospital and then we drove away. She was sitting in the back seat of my car. I adjusted the mirror so I could see her.

"So, your name is Katy right?" I asked trying to create a conversation.

"Oh, yea it is. And your name?" She asked looking out the car window.

"I'm Detective Nick Amaro. But you can call me Nick." I replied politely.

"Okay, did you stay at the hospital the whole time?" She asked.

"Oh yea. Just to be safe. We need to figure out everything that happened to you and we are going to catch this son of a bitch. Excuse my language." I replied.

"Oh, ok, well, I don't know how much help I will be, I didn't know anything about the really." She said.

"Oh, just answer as best as you can. Okay?" I asked.

"Okay." She nodded. The rest of the ride was silent.