Coffee

(Katy's POV*)

When we arrived at Nick's house, he heated up left over Chinese food and we sat at the table. I put my head on my hand and ate the bushy part of a piece of broccoli.

"So, i have a guest room for when my mother visits me, u can sleep in there. The bed is very comfy and the window is small and up high. My room is right across the hall. Okay?" Nick asked.

"Okay." I nodded. "Thank you."

"It's alright katy, you're safe now. Were going to put that son of a bitch away forever." He replied comfortingly.

I nodded. I could feel tears in my eyes but i held them back.

When we were done eating, i stood up and limped to the sink. I put my dishes in it and ran the faucet. "You dont have to do that." He said.

"Its ok." I replied and continued.

"No really." He said with a smile taking the sponge out of my hand and rinsing my plate and his off.

When he was finished cleaning up, he brought me to his bathroom, hung my pj's up, and turned the water on.

"So here you go, take a shower, put your pj's on, and then come out there. I'll stay up until you get out." Nick said to me.

"Okay, thank you." I replied. He smiled at me and left.

I shut the door and locked it. I first took off my ripped shoes and socks. Then my shirt and then my pants. I looked in the full length mirror at my body. I stood there in my underwear and bra. I have stitches and bruises everywhere. The biggest bruise was going straight up my left side.

I unhooked my bra and took of my underwear and hopped in the shower. I felt a sharp pain in all the spots i had stitches and hurried to turn the temp of the water down.

When i was all done, i got out of the shower and got dressed in a grey shirt that had a small stitched in bird right over the heart. i walked out of the bathroom and put my dirty folded cloths on the floor near the door.

"Do you want to borrow socks?" Nick asked me.

"Umm, sure." I replied.

He gave me socks and led me to the guest room. The bed was set up all nice and neat with a cute pink teddy bear on it. I smiled at the bed.

"I found that. I know you're a little old, but it's still cute." Nick said. I nodded as he motioned me to climb in to bed. He handed me a bag of ice for my ear and said "i almost forgot." I sat next him and he placed his hand on my knee. He saw that that made me uncomfortable and quickly removed it.

He just patted the pillow and told me to get some rest. I climbed underneath the covers and put my head on the pillow. Nick turned off the lights and said good night. I held on to the baby stuffed animal and fell asleep.

( in the morning )

I feel the warm shine of the sun on my cheek. I got uncovered and stood up. I looked in the mirror and was surprised by how much the bruises had went away. I heard a knock at the outside door. I exited the room and saw Nick asleep in his bed. He looked so peaceful laying there that i decided just to look the peep hole.

When i looked through it, i saw a middle aged man who i remember from the precinct, and the blond woman who was mean but apologized for being harsh. I let them in.

"Where's Nick?" The blonde woman asked.

"Still asleep." I said quietly.

"Oh, Why are you up?" She asked.

"I usually don't sleep in." I replied.

"Oh, okay well i have a coffee for nick and a hot chocolate for you." The man said. Then i remembered his name was Fin.

"Oh thank you." i said politely taking the hot chocolate from him.

"No problem." He replied. We walked to nicks bedroom and Fin shook the bed to wake him up. He opened his eyes and stared at us.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Oh sorry, i got you a coffee." Rollins said giving him the coffee. He took one sip of the iced coffee. he patted the spot next to him on the queen sized bed motioning me to sit down. I sat next to him on the edge of the bed.

"How did you sleep?" Nick asked.

"Good." I said with a half-assed smile because i'm still tired.

"I know," nick added. "Every time i woke up in the middle of the night i checked on you."

"Oh, um, okay?" I said kind of creeped out but laughing. Nick laughed. Fin and Rollins also laughed. Then Rollins got a call.

She left the room to talk and Fin eyeballed her as she left. When she came back she said, "Captain wants all of us at the precinct now."

"Okay, well we are gonna go. We'll see you there." Fin said.

"Okay." Nick said and got out of bed. I went into the guest room to get changed into the cloths that Rollins had just handed me.

( nick, rollins and fins convo while katys changing )

N- whats wrong?

R- well a women with the same injuries as katy just was found dead in a empty park. He needs her to identify her.

N- but after all she has been through, cant we have her describe her and tell her that she got away?

F- No. She needs to know the truth.

N- but her mom was the only one to take care of her. She learned to trust her. How bad would it be if i told her?

R- well captain will tell her. Or one of us will. She likes you. We shouldn't ruin that.

N- okay. Thanks. We'll see you there.

( katy did not hear there convo )

I left the room and saw them all talking. I was dressed and had braided my hair to the side. Fin and Rollins left and then we did too.