I Can't Hear You

*Nick's POV*

When we got into the precinct, I told Katy to sit in my chair because the noise of the gunshot definatly screwed up her hearing. "Okay! We need to get her into protective custody." I yelled at my captain because she is already supposed to be.

"Nick, calm down, what is wrong?" Captain asked me.

"What is wrong, protective custody. That is wrong. They did not follow us to Wendys and Katy almost got her head blown off." I answered.

"Wait, somebody shot at her?" He asked.

"Not just her, she was in the back seat and the bullet came through the window. It missed her, but the noise screwed up her hearing." I replied.

"Okay, we'll get her to a hospital and have them check her out. And for you, when you are done, talk to her about where she is going to go. If you and her want, she can go with you for the night." He said calmly.

"Okay well that's great. How are we supposed to do all that when some maniac knows where we are." I asked rudely.

"Okay, have Melinda check her out, She is here. And then we can help you get out of the building without you getting seen." He said.

"Okay." I replied. knock knock. Fin walked in.

"Umm, Melinda wants to know if she can check out Katy's ears."

"Yes, she can." Captain approved. I walked out of the office me and captain were in and saw Melinda with her light and scope in Katy's ear. Katy looked like she was about to punch Melinda. I feel really bad for Katy because I don't know if her mother is going to survive.

"Her eardrum is swollen and it wont get better unless you put ice on your ear everyday for an hour for the next week." Melinda told Katy. Katy just nodded.

Fin came up behind Katy and placed his hand on her back. Before he could say anything, she flinched and stood up. He quickly took his hand back. Her heart must have been pounding so hard because she was breathing very heavily. "Sorry." Katy said embarrassed.

"No, I'm sorry. Didn't know..." He was cut off.

"I just really don't like being touched." Katy replied.

"Okay, well I wont again." Fin answered. Katy nodded and sat back down.

"Katy, can I talk to you?" I asked Katy as she stood up and walked over to me.

"Yea?" She asked.

"So, you are going to have to sleep somewhere tonight. And me and my captain agreed that since I have a spear room, you can just sleep at my house. Would you want to?" I asked her.

"Yea, sure." She replied.

"Good, you'll be safe there." I told her. She nodded. "Okay, well lets have one of the detectives run to the store and pick you up some PJ's." I added. I sat her down in my chair again next to Fin's desk, he started talking to her while i went up to Olivia and asked her to run to the store for me. "Can you go buy her a pair of PJ's at the drug store for tonight please? Maybe tomorrow you and Rollins can bring her to get some clothes. I'll pay." I asked.

"Of course, and we'll all pitch in for tomorrow. She isn't just your responsability." She answered.

"Okay. Thank you." I replied. She left to the store, while i went to talk to captain about the plans and Fin and Katy continued to talk. Olivia returned and gave Katy the PJ's. Katy was very greatful and we left for my house.