he killed her

(Nick's POV*)

I helped Katy into my car because she was still in pain from the other night. I'm worried that the person who was killed might be Katy's mother because she was the only person Katy trusted. Deep down inside, i know that this person dead is going to be her mom. I don't know how she is going to react. I mean, how would I react if the only person I have ever trusted killed. I wouln't take it good. I really hope she does though. I don't want to see her anymore pain.

"Katy, I want you to be prepared. My team has found a body. The description matches your mothers." I looked at her through my top mirror in my car. I watched as her smile faded and i can tell her heart sunk. "We are not sure yet. You are going to have to identify her for us. Okay?" I asked. I could practically hear her heart racing (not litterally). Her breathing became heavier. She nodded as tears filled in her eyes. She looked out the window and a tear fell. I wanted to say something comforting but nothing but a sigh escaped my mouth.

When we arrived at the precinct, I got out of the car and opened the door for Katy. She slowly exited the car and stood next to me. I placed my hand on her shoulder, and instead of flinching or jumping she just looked to the ground and let another tear fall down her cheek. We walked into the precinct. "Captain, where do you want us to go?" I asked.

"To the morge downstairs." He replied.

"But all she has been through, you want to make her see her dead mother's body?" I asked.

"Well we need her to indentify her body." He said again.

"Whatever." I said rudely and walked out of his office. I lead Katy downstairs. Melinda took Katy and I into a room, with a body laying on a table with a blanket over the body.

"Ready?" She asked Katy. Katy nodded. Melinda revealed the body. Three more tears escaped Katy's eyes. She nodded.

"It's her." She answered. I sighed. Melinda covered the body back up. We exited the room. Katy froze right outside the door jam. She broke down. I wrapped arms around her fragile and painful body. She was only up to my abdomen because she was so short. She burried her face into my jacket and cried. This was the first time she unloaded everything. I could hear her cursing about her bitch of a father under her breath when she actually wrapped her small arms around me too.

"I'm so sorry Katy." I told her. "It is going to be okay. YOU'RE safe. Thats all that matters."  She calmed down a little and we went back up stairs. Olivia could'nt take her shopping today, we really need to solve this case and soon. Katy hung out with munch for a little teaching him how draw and asking questions about what we are going to do to catch her father, while we tried to crack this case. We stayed at the precinct for the rest of the day.