Chapter One

BRITAIN'S P.O.V.

"It'll all be over soon."

I closed my eyes as my head lolled to the side. As my eyes opened again, I saw my captor preparing to put an I.V. of icky looking green liquid in my arm. I tugged against my restraints but my strength was gone.

"Just relax your body. The pain will subside and you'll be okay again."

The needle poked through my skin, halfway in my arm. The door splintered, my captor jumping.

"FBI! Hands up!"

A team of agents came in through the door.

"Morgan, the IV. Get it out!"

A well built black guy in a FBI vest leaned over me. "Hey, Princess. It'll be okay. You're safe now. Just open them pretty eyes and stay with me. Okay?"

I opened my eyes and automatically shut them in the brightness of the sunlight streaming through the broken door.

"The light." I managed to whisper.

An elderly man pushed the door shut, casting the room back into semi darkness.

"Alrighty, Princess. Open up and let me see them pretty eyes. Ah, there we go. Now, as I undo the restraints, I want you to talk to me. Stay awake, alright?"

One wrist was free. Then the other.

"I don't hear you talking." He said.

"My name is Britain. I'm 23 years old. I live in Virginia."

"That's it, Princess. Keep it up."

I squeezed my eyes shut. "I have a dog and a cat. I love Mexican food. I run a lot. I'm a big scary movie fan."

My ankles were free now, as was my waist. The agent's arms slipped around me as he lifted me. "Get what you can to analysis. I'm getting her to the hospital."

He pulled my face against his chest as he pushed through he door. I gripped his jacket in my fist as the light burned my eyes. "I know, Princess. I'm so sorry."

A car door opened and the agent laid me in the back seat. "Stay with me, girl. Talk to me."

The door slammed shut and seconds later, another opened. A car engine started. The car began to move.

"Talk to me." The agent said again.

"What's your name? " I asked.

"I'm Derek Morgan. But you can call me Morgan. I work for the FBI in the BAU."

"Impressive."

I yawned and closed my eyes.

"Eh, I don't think so. Keep talking. Tell me about your boyfriend."

"I don't have one." I said as I smacked my lips.

"I don't believe it. A pretty girl like you has got to have someone."

I strained, thinking as hard as I could. "I was studying to be in the BAU."

Morgan stopped the car. "Alrighty, Princess. Stay with me. I'm going to take you inside. Keep your eyes shut tight. Keep talking to me."

His strong arms enveloped me. I held on to his warmth. It made me tired. So tired. I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep. And sleep. And sleep.

"Hey, girl. Look at me."

Morgan's pace quickened.

"Britain? "

He was running now.