Chapter Thirteen

SPENCER'S P.O.V.

"That was totally not helpful." Britain grumbled as she sat down across from me at the diner.

Morgan just sighed. "Expect more days like that, girly. Not everything turns out like one of those cop TV shows."

Garcia opened her menu. "Let's drop this convo while we eat. That stuff makes me queasy. It's not in my job description."

I took Britain's hand over the table. "Are you feeling okay?"

She sighed. "I don't know, Spencer."

"Come on. Let's step outside for a minute, get some air."

She followed me out the café doors and into the night. She took a deep breath and let it out. "Thanks, Spencer."

I kissed her forehead. "Fresh air helps everything."

She fingered the gun on her hip. "This is all so crazy."

"You'll get used to it." I assured her. "But, in the mean time, let's get our food in to-go boxes and head home to watch some movies in our pajamas."

"Spencer?"

"Yes?"

"You're perfect."

I laughed. "I try."

BRITAIN'S P.O.V  

"Spencer?"

He wrapped his arm around me. "Yes?"

"I'm so happy."

"I'm so glad."

I nuzzled against his chest and yawned. He fixed my blanket over my legs, and I looked up at him from my spot on his chest. Spencer smiled and I melted.

I reached up and kissed his mouth. His lips were smooth and soft against mine. His hands were grabbing me and pulling me closer. I curled my fingers in his hair.

We broke apart and I laid my head on his chest. His heart beat right below my ear as the movie continued to play, and so I flicked my eyes back to the screen.

The doorbell rang, cutting through the silence. Spencer's eye landed on the door. He sighed and threw his head back against the couch. "Why?" he asked with a  groan.

I laughed and pushed up off his lap. "I'll get it."

The hardwood floor was cold against my feet as I walked to the door. I looked through the peephole, and deciding the pizza delivery guy didn't look like a threat, I pulled it open. The delivery guy turned and his jacket hood fell down, exposing his face. He grabbed me before I could scream.