Chapter Sixteen

SPENCER'S P.O.V.

"Agent walking!"

My head shot up at the sound of Britain's voice over my earpiece.

"I'm strapped."

I rattled my handcuffs. "Someone uncuff me!"

"Something's not right. Where's Morgan?" Hotch asked as he looked around.

"Uncuff me!"

J.J. stuck the key into the lock and turned it. I rubbed my wrists as I ran for Britian. "Spencer! Stay back!"

I looked at the bomb strapped to her chest, the big, red numbers just shy under a minute.

"Someone bring me a knife or scissors!"

32... 31... 30...

"Hurry!"

Hotch came foward, putting scissors in my hand.

20... 19... 18...

"Here, baby. Hold this side of the vest."

13... 12... 11...

"Spencer." Britian cried.

"As soon as you are free, you run. Understand me? Run."

I gently lowered the vest with the cut straps down her body.

4...
3...
2..

"Run!"

I shoved Britian toward Hotch. It was like slow motion as his eyes met mine. His eyes widened as I threw myself onto the vest. The whole thing was over in less than half a second.

BRITAIN'S P.O.V.

"Spencer!"

J.J. grabbed me, holding me against her.

I closed my eyes, bracing for the impact that would kill my boyfriend. But, it never came.

I looked up. Spencer was sitting up, pushing the vest away. "Oh my God, it was a dud." J.J. whispered.

I rushed toward Spencer, grabbing him tight. "Don't you ever do anything like that to me again. Do you understand me?"

He grabbed me. "I love you. Oh my God, I love you."

MORGAN'S P.O.V.

I dragged the UnSub by his shirt collar. I threw him on the ground in front of the rest of my team. "He's been advised of his rights."

Reid pulled the UnSub to his feet and slammed him against the hood of the SUV. "You're under arrest for kidnapping and for assault on an officer. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

"Yeah. I should have killed her when I had the chance."

Reid's face burned red as his fist lashed out across the UnSub's face. The UnSub sunk to the ground, unconscious.