Chapter Four

BRITAIN'S P.O.V.

It was around ten when I woke up. Derek had never come back. I looked around my hospital room. There was a blonde guy sitting in a chair by the door, a book opened in his lap.

"Who are you?" I asked, leery of his presence.

He closed his book and looked up. "Sorry to startle you. I am Dr. Spencer Reid from the BAU. Derek sent me in his place to bring you home today. He had to go to the office, but he sends his apologies. I hope that this arrangement is alright with you."

I couldn't help but giggle at the way he spoke. He spoke with such clarity, pronouncing each word with pride.

"Everything alright?"

"Yes, everything is fine. You just talk like a brainaic."

He nodded. "I see. Well, I am very smart."

I laughed again. "Let me get dressed and I'll be ready to go."

"Certainly. Take your time. I'll go see to your discharge papers."

I watched as he left the room, leaving his book on his chair. I got up and shut the door. I picked up the book and ran my fingers over the worn cover. Romeo and Juliet. A classic.

The door opened slowly. I barely noticed. I flipped open to my favorite part and was about to start to read when someone cut in.

"'But soft! What light through yonder window breaks?
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.
Arise, fair sun and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with greif,
That thou her maid art far more fair than she:
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green
And none but fools do wear it; cast it off.
It is my lady, O, it is my love!
O, that she knew she were!
She speaks, yet she says nothing: what of that?
Her eye discourses; I will answer it.
I am too bold, 'tis not to me she speaks:
Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy reigon stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.
See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand,
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
That I might touch that cheek!'"

I looked at Spencer in awe. "You've memorized all of that?"

He smiled and nodded toward the book. I cleared my throat before reading. "Ay me!"

Spencer looked into my eyes before continuing. "O, speak again, bright angel! For thou are/ As glorious to this night, being o'er my head,/ As is a winged messenger of heaven/ Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes/ Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him/ When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds/ And sails upon the bosom of air."

I blushed and shut the book. I handed it to him. He looked away, almost as if embarrassed. I smiled. "That's incredible! I thought I was the only book nerd alive!"

"Considering I graduated college at sixteen, I would say yes, I am a huge nerd."

I laughed. He turned the book over in his hands, running his fingers over the spine. He fingered the silk ribbon of a book mark hanging out of the bottom.

"Has Derek told you the news?"

Then it hit me. Just like an eighteen wheeler going one hundred miles an hour. I fell back into the chair Spencer was just sitting in.

"Britain? " Spencer knelt in front of me. "What's wrong?"

"What am I going to do?" I asked. "I have no where to go."

I started crying and Spencer started panicking. I leaned over and hugged him. "I was an only child. My mom died when I was nine and when I was ten, my dad and I built that house together."

"Would you like to go see it? "

I nodded against his chest. His arms tightened around me. "Okay. I'll take you."