Chapter Two

MORGAN'S PO.V.

I leaned closer to the window of Britain's hospital room. Some others from the BAU stopped by to check on her. I promised to call as soon as I found something.

"Derek?"

I saw Dr. Deter making his way toward me. "Jeff. What's the news?"

He pulled his blue rubber exam gloves off with a sigh. "The captor fed her some kind of concoction that would slowly kill her. We've pumped her stomach and gotten all the fluid out. She has some bumps and bruises but other than that, she's fine. No broken bones, nothing. Give her a day and we'll discharge her."

"What about her sensitivity to light?" I asked.

"That's just from being in the dark for so long. She'll be fine. You can go in and see her now."

After the doctor left, I called the BAU.

"Dr. Reid speaking."

"Pretty boy! I've got news. She'll be fine. She's getting discharged tomorrow."

"What about her house? "

"I'll take care of it. She's going to stay with me."

Reid sighed. "Alright. I'll let everyone know."

"Hey, pretty boy. Be careful tonight."

"I'll call you if I need anything."

Spencer Reid was my best friend. We had been on the BAU together for years. Granted, he was annoying most of the time, he was like my brother that I never got. I knew everything about him and he knew everything about me. I mean, that's kind of how brothers work.

I leaned against the wall and pinched the bridge of my nose. I hated today, every year. It was the worst day ever.

I couldn't help it as the memories came flooding back.

I GRIPPED MY GUN TIGHTER AS WE NEARED THE WAREHOUSE. I WAS GOING TO SHOOT THIS SON OF A BITCH ON SPOT. THAT WAS MY LITTLE BROTHER IN THERE. OF ALL THE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD TO KIDNAP AND TORTURE, HE CHOSE REID. NOT ON MY WATCH.

HOTCH GAVE THE NOD AND I SLAMMED MY BOOT INTO THE DOOR. THE GLASS SHATTERED, BUT THE WOOD DIDN'T BUDGE. I REACHED THROUGH THE BROKEN GLASS AND UNLOCKED THE DOOR FROM THE INSIDE.

I DUCKED INSIDE THE FIRST ROOM. "CLEAR."

A FEW OTHERS ANSWERED CLEAR AS WELL. THEN, THE MOST BLOOD CURDLING SCREAM RIPPED THROUGH THE SILENT WAREHOUSE.

"MORGAN, USE YOUR HEAD!" HOTCH CALLED AS I RAN TOWARD THE SOUND.

I CAME TO A STEEL, SOUND PROOF ROOM IN THE HEART OF THE WAREHOUSE. INSIDE WAS A MAN, AND A TON OF TORTURE INSTRUMENTS. HE LEANED OVER A METAL BED. A MAN WAS STRAPPED TO THE BED, SCREAMING IN THE UTMOST HORRENDOUS WAY.

THAT MAN WAS SPENCER. THE MAN ABOVE HIM HELD A RED METAL ROD TO SPENCER'S SKIN. SPENCER SCREAMED AND STRUGGLED AGAINST HIS RESTRAINTS.

SPENCER WAS SPORTING BRUISES, SCRAPES, AND INCISIONS OF ALL DIFFERENT SIZES.

I GRIPPED MY GUN AND DUCKED INTO THE ROOM. "FBI! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR FIRST DEGREE MURDER AND ASSULT ON AN OFFICER!"

THE MAN DROPPED HIS ROD ON SPENCER'S CHEST AND HELD HIS ARMS IN THE AIR. SPENCER SCREAMED IN PAIN AS THE ROB BURNED HIS SKIN. AS THE REST OF THE BAU TEAM CAME IN, I PUSHED THE ROD OFF SPENCER'S CHEST. IT CLATTERED TO THE GROUND. I SUCKED IN A DEEP BREATH AS THE ROD BURNED MY SKIN. I SHOOK IT OFF AND BEGAN ON SPENCER'S RESTRAINTS.

Your Guardian Angelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें