CHAPTER 16

"I'll explain when you're older"
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

_______________________________________________

Y/n POV

I slowly turned around as Illumi had a firm unblinking stare on me. I felt naked under his gaze.

"Oh hey, his eyes are like mine!" D/n pointed out.

Paying no mind to the semi-innocent todler, I slowly took a step back.

"You can't run forever Y/n."

"Oh yeah? Watch me."

I turned around and took off running in the opposite direction of the long haired assasin.

"WHY ARE YOU RUNNING!? WHY ARE YOU-"

(blooper noise)

"Momma what's the rush!??" D/n questioned, holding on for dear life.

"I'll explain when you're older!"

My feeble attempt to escape was cut short as Illumi had caught up to me. He took D/n and held him wth one arm before tossing me over his shoulder like a sack of rice.

"Put me down, you!! YOU-"

"So little one, how was the exam?" Illumi questioned D/n, completely ignoring my protests. I pounded my fists on his back, "HEY IM TALKING TO YOU!!"

"Wahhh it was so fun! I made new friends and I got to be with mommy and-"

EVEN MY OWN CHILD IS IGNORING ME!?

After failing to escape Illumi's iron grasp, my body went limp as I gave up on resisting.

"If you won't put us down at least tell me where we're going..."

"Back to the mansion of course."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Excuse me, what."

"WOAHHH YOU HAVE A MANSION, SO COOL!!" D/n pitched in once more.

"We have much to catch up on when we get there, but for now, what have you been up to for the past four years?" Illumi interrogated, paying little mind to the loud child held in his left arm.

"Parenting...duh."

"Really? That's all you've been doing?"

"Um, yeah that's literally what happens after you have a kid Illumi. I literally devoted my life to raising an embodiment of satan."

"Mommy, that's so mean!" D/n spoke up.

"Sorry, sorry..." I sighed.

"Hm. Speaking of children, we'll discuss this more when we arrive. For the mean time, just sit still."

{timeskip}

Illumi hadn't put me down the whole trip until we had made it to the gates of the Zoldyck mannor.

Oh hell...

Illumi, still holding D/n, took a few steps towards the gates before turning to look at me. "Well?"

"Well what?" I questioned, not understanding what he was getting at.

"Go on, open the gate. Last I remember you could barely manage to open 2."

Why does he say that like a bad thing!? Those things are fucking heavy!

I huffed and rubbed my hands together before placing them on both sides of the gates. I inhaled before pushing against them, using minimal nen to fuel myself.

Funny, they're not as heavy as I remember.

I looked up and noticed I had opened 5 of the 7 doors.

WHAT!?

I looked at my hands in awe before I heard Illumi.

"Good job, you improved tremendously within four years," he remarked, walking past me. I shook my head a few times before following him, anticipating what was to come.

Never would I have thought I'd be back here.

_______________________________________________

man I didn't think this far, I'm just pulling things out of my ass at this point