CHAPTER 41

"I'm proud of you."
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

______________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Y/n descended the hall back to her daughter, passing by Kikyo on the way.  The woman watched as Y/n walked by before continuing to where her husband resided.

She knocked on the door softly before entering.

"I couldn't help but notice that...Y/n come from here," she spat, venom dripping from every word. "May I ask what you were discussing?"

Kikyo was standing in front of Silva who had been sat on the couch with his legs crossed.

"We were discussing matters that don't concern you."

This sentence only further aggravated the woman.  What could have been so important for her husband to speak to that wench but couldn't be shared with her?

"It's always the same thing with you, I'm always left in the dark about everything!" She fumes.  "I am just as important to this family, more so than that stray dog Illumi brought home, and I deserve to know what's going on!"

"Kikyo, I advise you to quit talking so badly about our future daughter in law."

"OUR WHAT!?"

By this point, Kikyo was absolutely livid.  Not only did she despise Y/n as a person, she also despised the fact she was involved with her eldest son.

"If you must know, I gave her my blessing.  She has great power within her, I would even go as far to say that she's a better mother that you could ever be."

Kikyo's world shattered.  She had always wanted what was best for her children, and being compared to the woman she wanted away from her son in such a way broke her beyond repair.

"YOU'RE DESPICABLE!  I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD COMPARE ME TO SOME LOWLY SKANK OF A MAID!!"

With this, the woman stormed out the room with a new found rage boiling inside of her.

{timeskip}

It had been about a week after Y/n started her training with Zeno.  This new training schedule had never been brought up to Illumi as he was always out, and by the time he returned home Y/n had already finished training for the day.

It wasn't until one day he came home particularly early, he found the two out in the training grounds while D/n sat and watched with Kiru.

"Oh?  What's this?" Illumi questioned.

"Mommy started training with grandpa Zeno.  They've been at it for an hour," D/n answers.

The two watched as Y/n desperately tried swatting a bowl away from Zeno, while simultaneously protecting her own.  Her attempts were feeble, her water only spilling once again. 

"DAMN IT OLD MAN, WHY ARE YOU SO FAST!" Y/n huffed before returning to a bucket so she could refill her bowl.

"You've been approaching me the same each time.  You haven't stopped to think.  Now, again."

She huffed again before taking a long look at the man in front of her.  Illumi and D/n watched from the sidelines, both surprisingly intrigued.

Y/n began circling Zeno slowly, further analyzing how she could approach this.  Finally deciding, she ran up behind him and trying to smack his elbow upwards.  Zeno blocked her attack, before she kicked the back of his leg and tried knocking him over with the rest of her body weight.

Zeno, being highly experienced, managed to regain his balance quickly and moved out of the way, causing Y/n to fall by herself.

"FUCK!"

"Wow, I'm impressed," Zeno said, standing with his full water bowl in hand.  "You almost got me."

"Yeah but I didn't get you," Y/n states, before lifting herself to sit up. 

"Of course, that would be nearly impossible for someone like you.  I'm far more experienced.  That's it for today, your dismissed."

The old man left the scene, leaving Y/n unsatisfied and Illumi amused.  The former sat with her legs crossed on the ground pouting.

"You did well," Illumi said, coming up behind her and patting her head.

"Yeah but obviously not well enough."

Illumi let his hand rest on Y/n's head for a few moments before speaking up again.

"I'm proud of you."

______________________________________________
;)