CHAPTER 72

"You smell like outside!"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

____________________________________________

Y/n POV

After Torumi had been born, things started looking up.  It turns out instead of taking on way more jobs than usual, Illumi had been working on having a house built on the property away from the main estate.  We would have our privacy but still be under the same protection.  They did own a whole mountain after all.  

A few years have passed and Illumi began lightening up on D/n training wise.  She is now 11 (I have no clue how old she was before if im honest like 7/8???), being insanely powerful for her age.  Though the training was less intense, unfortunately D/n still had to follow the path of an assassin.  It wasn't favorable, but there wasn't much I could do now.  As time went on though, I could tell my bright little girl was growing colder and colder.  It pained me to see it happen.  When her father wasn't watching she still opened up her emotions to me,  but the joy she once had was fading.  She was still snappy as ever, but growing up to fast for her age.

Torumi just turned 3, now being able to consistently speak a few words.  His white (hair texture) locks had grown longer, and his lavender eyes were as large as ever. 

Jeez, why is Illumi's big eye gene so strong?

Torumi enjoys sitting close by as I work in the kitchen, quick to heal any cuts or minor burns I may get.  I was mixing a pot of soup with Torumi sitting atop the counter when I heard the door open.  I couldn't hear the sound of any footsteps after the door closed once again, being startled at the voice behind me.

"Hi mom."

I jumped slightly and Torumi laughed at my startled expression.  I turned around to see D/n looking at me with a blank, big eyed expression.

"God, you're fast.  And quiet- you know you're a lot like your dad."

Her nose scrunched up at this as she came up to hug me, burring her face into my shoulder/chest/stomach (you guys' heights are up to you).  

"Sometimes I wish I was more like you," she says, muffled.

I hugged her back, kissing the top of her head before sending her off.

"Go wash up honey, dinner's almost ready."

Right as D/n left, Illumi walked in, causing the young girl to scrunch her face again.  He came and gave me a chaste kiss before picking up our son.

"Papa!" Torumi exclaimed happily.  The two boys were each other's favorites.  Out of our 2 kids, Illumi spent most of his time with our youngest.  Something about him being the next heir because of the genes or something like that.  Illumi held Torumi in his arms, peeking over the top of the pot on the stove before humming in amusement. 

"Ew Illumi you just got back from training, don't pick up my son while you're all dirty!" 

Hearing this, Illumi gave our son a pat on the head before putting him down and turning to me.  Before I knew it, I was wrapped in a vice like grip as he leaned half of his body weight into me.

"Let go of me you smell like outside!" I exclaimed, squirming.  I could hear little giggles coming from my son as Illumi swayed me back and forth a few times.

Being away from the main estate made Illumi a lot more comfortable with showing physical affection, though his expressions stayed blank as ever most of the time.  He doesn't say it verbally, but he has ways of showing us he cares.

"Good evening, Y/n" he said, planting a kiss on my cheek before letting go and heading out of the kitchen.  He stopped in the archway, speaking up again but not turning to face me.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah? "

"I love you."  And with that he walked away.

----fin.----

____________________________________________

yeahh this was getting way too long you guys i had to end it here :^)) if you guys want me to write more you can request on my Tumblr, its Illubean ^__^ 

byebye!!