CHAPTER 43

"Then I'll be your first friend."
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

______________________________________________

Y/n POV

I sat across from Kalluto, watching as he folded many different origami animals. The boy had invited me to his room for tea and D/n had been off somewhere playing with her dolls.

"I'm sorry, I'm new to this whole quality time thing," Kalluto mumbles, not lifting his eyes from the paper butterfly he was fixated on.

"That's alright!" I reassured.  "Could you teach me how to do that?" I asked, pointing to the origami in his hands.

Kalluto taught me different folds and how to make various things before starting up another conversation.

"Y'know Y/n, you're really nice.  You must have lots of friends."

"Well, not exactly," I laughed slightly.  "How about you Kalluto?  You seem pleasant to be around."

"We aren't allowed to have friends," he states blankly.  "Well, not up until Killua ran away."

I completely forgot that this was a thing among the Zoldycks.  They were all trained to be emotionless drones with minimal outside connections, this meaning any emotional connections with non-family were forbidden.

"Now that I think about it, it gets a little lonely.  I spend all my time by myself or abiding by my mother."

"Then I'll be your first friend," I said, giving the young boy a smile.  He stopped what he was doing and looked up at me with wide eyes. 

"Really?"

"Really."

{timeskip}

3rd Person POV

Ever since that day, Y/n and Kalluto dedicated each Thursday to their own little bonding times.  Kalluto was conflicted.  Though this had all started as a scheme to get rid of Y/n, he began to grow attached to her the more time they spent together.

Y/n was so kind to Kalluto and was the first person to ever call him a friend, or better yet, treat him as a normal family would treat each other.

"So Kalluto, dear, how is our little mission going?" Kikyo asked as she sauntered over to her son.

"Well she already considers me a friend..."

"Oh how perfect!"  the crazy lady exlaims before clapping her hands together.  "You are just one delightful little mole aren't you?"

Kalluto directed his gaze to the floor.  No matter how much back handed praise he received, he didn't feel any better about the whole situation.  That's exactly what he was, a mole.  It felt so wrong to betray someone's trust, especially if they never did anything wrong.

After his mother dismissed him, Kalluto walked down the hallway pondering to himself.

I feel so god awful...

Kalluto was so lost in thought he didn't pay attention to where he was going.  He had bumped into one of the last people he wanted to deal with at the moment, his big brother Illumi.

"Ah, Kalluto.  I've been meaning to speak to you."

Crap.

"Uhh, what is it?" Kalluto asks nervously.  Illumi stared at him with his large eyes before addressing what he had came here for.

"You've been spending an awful lot of time with Y/n.  What's that about?"

"Well since she's going to become part of the family, I just thought it would be good to bond with her."

Kalluto was stiff as a board.  His brother had caught on to this before narrowing his eyes and pressing further.

"You know mother isn't very fond of her.."

"Yes, but I uh-"

Before Kalluto could stutter out a rebuttal, Illumi cut him off.

"Whatever you and mother are plotting, It's not going to work."

And with those final words, Illumi left the poor boy frozen in the middle of the hallway.

______________________________________________

question for today : whats your favorite animal