CHAPTER 33

"Hello Ms. Y/n. Mind telling me where you two are going?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

______________________________________________

Y/n POV

I knocked softly on D/n's door before peeking into the room. She was sitting on the floor in her pjs, playing with a few dolls. I let myself in, closing the door softly.

"Hey, D/n, are you feeling alright?"

"Yup!" she said as I sat down next to her. "Are you alright momma? You look sad."  She stopped playing for a second before crawled into my lap and turning her attention back to her dolls.

"Just some adult drama is all," I sighed while patting her head. "Momma's gonna sleep here for the night ok?"

{the next morning}

I woke up in D/n's bed with her cuddled up next to me. I yawned before sitting up and stretching my arms.

"So, you're awake."

I rubbed my eyes and looked towards the door. There stood Illumi, as I glared at him without saying a word.

"I'll be going out on a job," he starts. "Don't try anything stupid." And with that, he left the room. I silently glared at the spot that wretched man once stood, waiting for D/n to wake up on her own.

Not too long after Illumi left for his job, I heard a yawn come from besides me.

"G'morning mommy," D/n greeted while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Good morning princess, back your bags we're going home."

"Huh?" She tilts her head in confusion. "I thought this was home."

"No D/n. We're going back to our own house, we can pick up breakfast on the way."

"Alright..."

D/n and I had both packed one small bag each, containing our most important belongings. I picked her up before making my way out the side of the house. We were nearing the front gates before a voice spoke up from behind us.

"Hello Ms. Y/n. Mind telling me where you two are going?"

I turned around slowly to come face to face with Gotoh.

"Oh um heyyy Gotoh we were just uh...going out shopping!"

"Is that so?"

"But mommy, I thought we were going ho-" I covered D/n's mouth with my free hand. "Tooo...HOME DEPOT! Yeah that's it we're going to Home Depot!"

Gotoh raised a brow at me. "You want to go to a department store?"

"Yes, me and D/n wanted to try building planters for uh...strawberries!"

Good save, me.

"Well no matter the reason, I am to accompany you outside of the walls."

Fuck.

"Alright then..." I let out with a painfully fake smile on my face. "Let's go get those strawberry seeds D/n."

"Yay, strawberries!"

______________________________________________

i just realized i only update at ungodly hours 😅 thank you guys for 100k!!

but anyway, after this book i have a killua, feitan, or chrollo x reader in mind
please let me know which you would like to see next!