CHAPTER 51

"I wanna have a normal family"
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

i lwky forgot everything ive ever written here tbh 😝______________________________________________

______________________________________________

Y/n POV

After staying with her for the rest of the day, I got D/n ready for bed and tucked her in. I promised myself I would stay with her throughout the night just to make sure Illumi wouldn't take her.

"Mommy?" D/n asked in a tired voice. I hummed in response while stroking her hair.

"Why do you and daddy fight all the time?"

"What do you mean honey?" I asked, shocked. I could've sworn I made sure D/n wasn't around whenever we argued.

"It just feels like every time you guys are away from me you yell at him," she explains.  "He makes you mad.  I wanna have a normal family, I wanna have 2 parents like other kids, but if you're not happy then I'm not either."

I couldn't believe these words were coming out of my little girl's mouth.  The frown on her face broke my heart into little pieces.

"D/n, as much as I hate to admit it I love your father.  Some of his decisions and beliefs aren't...ideal so thats why we fight, but I want you to know that having 2 parents doesn't mean a family is normal.  A lot of families look different, some kids have 1 parent, 2, parents, heck maybe even none or more than 2,".  I pushed some hair away from her face and kissed her forehead gently.  "Get some rest, ok sweetheart? I'll fix things in the morning,". 

Slowly, D/n closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep.  Illumi and I arguing is far from healthy, but just now am I realizing its hurting our daughter too.  I guess i'll have to try and have a rational conversation with mr manipulator in the morning.

{timeskip}

Morning had finally come and I had awoken in the chair next to D/n's bed, where she had still been lying peacefully. I stood up and stretched my arms, heading towards her bedroom door. I stepped out into the hallway to see Illumi approaching.

"Move," he simply said as I stood blocking the door.

"No, you're not taking her."

"I already told you, if I have too I'll-"

"No, Illumi just listen to me, please?" I interrupt. He raised an eyebrow, silently beckoning me to continue.

"You won't take D/n on this specific job today, we'll talk about it like adults when you get home. And maybe then you can take her on a different day."

He narrowed his eyes at me in suspicion before agreeing hesitantly. Without another word he turned and walked away to be about his business.

I'll talk to him D/n I promise. But there's no guarantee that our little "family" will work out.

______________________________________________

mwahahahaha now i shall disappear for another decade