CHAPTER 66

"Who was it Kalluto?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

sea otters hold hands while sleeping

____________________________________________

Kalluto POV 

I knew about my mother's terrible plan from the beginning.

I saw her following Y/n around the mannor, I saw how she would pace and mutter to herself in her tea room, and I saw how she would rummage through various cabinets in the kitchen as if she were looking for something.  The last thing I wanted was for Y/n to die, she was the only person in this house to ever make me feel like I was part of a family.  I didn't want her to die but at the same time I had no idea how to stop it.

I'm powerless against my mother.

Some nights I would lay awake, feeling almost as guilty as I did when going along with my mother's first scheme.  What would happen to Y/n?  What would happen to D/n if she died?

  ...What would Illumi do if she died?

Tossing and turning, I battled with myself wondering if I should do something.  I wanted to help, but what could I do?  Despite being a skilled assassin like the rest of us, my mother wasn't very sneaky with this new plan of hers.  Surely other members of the family noticed, they'll do something right?  Right!?

I wasn't expecting it to happen the day it did.  I thought I would have more time to figure out what to do, I assumed mother would wait until Y/n happened to be eating alone.

But I was wrong. 

I watched as a sinister smirk spread across my mothers face while Y/n doubled over in pain.  When Illumi got up to escort her out, D/n tried shoving the rest of her food in her mouth as fast as she could before getting up to follow.  I caught the little girl when she stepped out of the dining room, preventing her from going any further. 

She didn't need to see what could be happening.

She thrashed her limbs as I held her back from rushing off in the direction of her parents.

"Let me go!!  I need to see if mommy is okay!" she yelled, squirming.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine...hopefully" I tried reassuring her, whispering the last bit under my breath.  Before I was able to say anything else, I heard Illumi speed walk towards and up the stairs behind me.  Within a blink of an eye, D/n bolted in the same direction before I could even attempt to grab her again.  

I ran after her, stopping when I got to the doorway of my brothers room.

"IS MOMMY OKAY!?"

"Mm probably not." 

The little girl's lip quivered as she tried to make her way further into the room.  I grabbed her hand and looked towards my brother, who only gave me a simple nod before I dragged D/n off to her own room.

"Don't worry D/n, Illumi- err your dad will handle this."

She sniffed a couple times, giving up her previous struggle and allowed me to lead her away.  Once we reached her room I tried distracting her by playing with every toy or any game I could think of. 

How the hell do you deal with children?? (Kalluto bb...you are one)

After a while of awkwardly sitting with D/n and a few stuffed toys I felt and impending sense of doom wash over me.

Oh no...Illumi must be mad.

"D/n, stay here, okay?"  I said before making my way over to the room door and peeking out of it.  I saw as Illumi crossed the hallway, making his way towards the stairs with a deadly aura surrounding him.  This can't be good.  

Despite the terrible feeling in my stomach from his powerful aura, I followed him towards the kitchen where he began interrogating one of the poor kitchen staff.

He held the head chef up by his collar who pleaded for his life, swearing he didn't do anything abnormal with Y/n's food.

"If it wasn't you," he said, turning to face everyone else in the room "which one of you was it?"

All of the staff looked around in a panic, confused and rightfully extremely frightened. 

"I-I know who did it," I trembled out, bringing the attention to myself.  Illumi's glare zeroed in on me before he spoke in a darkened tone.

"Who was it Kalluto."

____________________________________________

LOLLL HI GUYS soz for the wait, i went on an unexpected surprise vacation ^__^ n e wayz I always fight the urge to make D/n call Kalluto kuya (im half filo)